Do you think children can see spirits??

Today my 12 month old Daughter was eating her breakfast in her highchair and I was finishing making breakfast for my 5 and 8 year old. Well I went in their rooms to get them when it was ready and heard my Daughter cracking up laughing, when I went in the kitchen she had a huge smile on her face and was waving but was looking the other way and not at me. She has done this before. We will be playing and all of a sudden something will catch her attn and she'll smile and wave. Do you believe that children can see spirits or angels???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:49 PM on Jun. 8, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• yes, they are nto closed off or closed minded. they are open to all of it until the adults tend to ruin it for them.
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 4:49 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• my cousin was 5 when his father committed suicide. he didnt really know what was going on but 2 days later he pointed to the clouds and said "cousin monique, why is my daddy crying in the clouds looking at me? why doesnt he just come home"
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 4:50 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• no, sorry. it sounds cute but I don't believe it. but if it makes you happy, its no big deal.
    mrs_pulley

Answer by mrs_pulley at 4:52 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• OP here:

It kinda freaks me out, I would just freak if I saw something in my home. I'd probably pack up and move. My boys never did it. She's probably done it 5 or 6 times and is always happy and super smiley. We have actually watched her follow whatever she's seeing, almost like she's watching a bug fly by.
    Anonymous

• Absolutely I think they can and do.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 4:59 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• yes, i do. my son when we lived in cali. would be in his room and start talking or plying with someone and i never knew what.. one day we were out side and he started throwng the ball towards the wall nothing was their but he was like all like " cmon play with me" and i was like i'll be right their nad he was all like ":not you him" freaked me out! but aslong as their happy and not cryign when it happens its good.. :D
    MommaBear1129

Answer by MommaBear1129 at 5:02 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• They could very well see the holy spirit or angels. Who is to say?
    Anonymous

• yes

Answer by admckenzie at 5:10 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• Yes they do. Since they are still connected to that side. Let's face it baby has no been on earth very long. Nor has she had time to process whatever religious views you are trying to teach her. Whether it's an angel, spiritual guide, or deceased loved one I don't know. But if she isn't frightened then you do not need to be either. I still see spirits from time to time. They just don't freak me out like they used to.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 5:33 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• My mom, sister and I were out of town when I was about 9. My dad stayed home with my little bro. who was about 3. He came and got my dad and wanted help finding the BABIES. My dad thought he was playing around and went along with it. My bro was looking everwhere (under beds and stuff) and was getting upset cause he couldn't find them. My dad started thinking things were a little strange and must have looked worried or confused because my little bro said " Daddy, don't be scared, they are just babies, they don't have any teeth!"

We came home a day or so later, dad told us the story. Thought it was strange.......I think the next week mom found out she was pregnant.......and soon after found out that she was having TWINS. We've always thought that my little bro saw my Twin bro. and sister before they were ever born. Maybe not, but it's a good story! LOL!
    Nika75

Answer by Nika75 at 5:48 PM on Jun. 8, 2009