How often is homosexuality spoken about in your church?

because it seems like the main topic on CM. I don't agree with gay marriage. I do believe that God made man and woman but I don't see the need to talk about it on an hourly basis.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:05 PM on Jun. 8, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• What does church have to do with CM?
    Anonymous

• My pastor will preach about anything that is in the Bible... even those uncomfortable topics. Homosexuality is mentioned in his sermons every now and then. As far as casual conversation... no we don't stand around an talk about gays.
    I think it's discussed a lot on here, because both sides are very adamant about their views, and both sides can't understand why anyone wouldn't agree with them. This is a "safe" place to discuss controversial topics.
    beccare2000

Answer by beccare2000 at 5:10 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• both sides can't understand why anyone wouldn't agree with them

rolling on floor

Anonymous

• anon... care to share what's so funny??
    beccare2000

Answer by beccare2000 at 5:23 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• sorry I wasn't laughing at you. I read that and laughed. :-) sorry, I find that to be the words of wisdom around here. I really didn't mean to offend you. Isn't that how a lot feel about religious topics? How can you not believe or how can you believe?
    Anonymous

• Our church has mentioned it a few times, they preach tolerance and understanding. Love the sinner, hate the sin mentality I guess. I'm sure we have some homosexuals in the congregation, we have all kinds and we are to love them all and pray for everyone. No one is without sin.
    army_wife2000

Answer by army_wife2000 at 5:27 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• Ahhhh, gotcha! I wasn't exactly offended... just confused. Thanks for clearing it up! :)
    beccare2000

Answer by beccare2000 at 5:27 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• you seemed to have filled this hour's requirement, for someone who seems to be fed up with the subject you should have picked up another subject to alk about!
    Anonymous

• oh dear anon...i must get down on my knees and repent now. How could I ask a question? Oh dear me...I was unaware I was not allowed to ask a question on a top. mercy me...what ever shall I do.

o
    Anonymous

• We are in CA and so gay marriage has been a hot topic in the entire state lately. Our pastor, teaches through the Bible verse by verse so he hits on it whenever it comes up or when the verses lend themselves to that topic. He has no other agenda than to teach us how to study the Bible and understand it and apply it to our lives today.

That said, lately it has come up more often in church because of everything going on in the state. He wants us to know how to talk to people about what the Bible says in a respectful way. he does not compromise what the Bible says, however he is very sensitive to the subject because his sister used to live a gay lifestyle. There is no need to make people feel "hated" because the truth is that God's goodness is what draws us to repentance. And EVERY Christian needs to repent of all kinds of sins. The good news is that God's Holy Spirit gives us the ability to resist the temptations and be holy.
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 5:57 PM on Jun. 8, 2009