Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Paternity help......

Ok ladies here's the deal. My daughter's father has decided he wants to ruin our lives and see her. She is 10 months and he has never seen her. She has serious health problems and he is intro drugs and lives a bad lifestyle now. I left him when I was preggo cuz he hit me. Well when he called this last time and wanted to see her my crazy motherly instinct to protect my child came over me and i told him she wasn't his. Now he wants proof or a DNA's what I need if anyone can help me. I need to know what a DNA test result looks like. I know it is not morally right to lie but I've got to protect my daughter from this monster. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 5:18 PM on Jun. 8, 2009 in General Parenting

Answers (4)
  • sorry, but he has rights.

    Answer by Anonymous at 5:21 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

  • he may have rights, anon, but she has the right to protect her child.

    Answer by texasgurl33 at 5:22 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

  • Well then let him take you to court and they will do a DNA test and at that point the courts will decide if he is fit to see her at all and what kind of visitation he will get (how often, supervised, overnight etc). They will also decide how much child support he has to pay if he is the father. That is if you don't already have some sort of court agreement. Let him do the filing and stuff though because chances are if he is as much of a dead beat as you say then he won't bother with it because it is too much of a hassle.

    Answer by aeneva at 6:23 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

  • if he want to see her go to the courts and ask for supervise visits. if he has a history of drug use tell it to the ex had to go through classes and supervised visits and pee ina cup for a year befor he was allowed to take my dd on his own...under no circumstance do u let him take her without a custody in pa if she goes with him without a custody agreement then he doesnt have to give her back intill papers are filed in the courthouse. and in that time he can take her across state lines. i think after 7 months of haveing no contact u can get him for abandament...not sure thats something else u can check into though.

    Answer by rainmommy at 12:13 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.