Do you believe that women who are under a lot of stress

during pregnancy will have a substantially more fussy newborn?

I'm 34w 3d. Stress is an understatement for everything I am going through right now and having read this doesn't help =\

SandraB383

Asked by SandraB383 at 5:22 PM on Jun. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I think it isnt the best thing for the baby, but in this world who can really help but be stressed, ya know? I think the fussiness will have to do more if you are stressed while holding the baby and him/her picking up on it after birth rather than residual effects from being pregnant and stressed.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 5:31 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• I must say stress can affect a baby yet to be born and can affect the babies behaviors once it's born.Good luck, i understand what your saying!
    Anonymous

• What article did you read that in? I read one in New Parent magazine that said that children who are exposed to moderate amounts of stress while in the womb are more likely to be able to handle situations where they have to make decisions and cope with problems more efficiently. A lot of stress isn't great, but it really depends on the mother's personality too. I'm a rather nervous person by nature, and my doctor showed me that article to calm some of my fears on the subject :)
    Emuu

Answer by Emuu at 6:47 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• Stress is very bad for a baby, (unborn) it makes them colicy and they tend to fuss more. You need to learn to relax, maybe play some easy listening music for your baby,and take a warm bath to ease the stress or maybe take a walk(slow) and enjoy the fresh air. You need to relax for the baby, it's not only hard on the baby it is also hard on you and it will make your labor worse.
    homealone_10

Answer by homealone_10 at 8:05 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• homealone

Trust me, if I could relax I would. This stress isn't really an option. :(
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 9:53 PM on Jun. 8, 2009