I'm trying to conceive but am not having any luck

I'm 45, so pretty much out of time. I had 2 miscarriages 18 months and 2 years ago, but since then nothing. Tried Chinese herbs, acupuncture, but still nothing. Do you think its time to give up and accept its not going to happen?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:24 PM on Jun. 8, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• I just watched a show on discovery health where the woman had a baby at 47 yrs old, and she had given up on TTC as well. So don't ever lose faith, but prepare yourself for the possibility that it might not happen for you. Have you considered adoption? foster care? There are still plenty of babies out there that desperately need love, so don't forget about your other options as well! Hang in there!
    Anonymous

• I'm sorry you're having trouble.
    I took five years to conceive our only child. I had him at 40.
    Look into Dr. John Lee. (Google) I learned from a saliva test that I had too much estrogen and not enough progesterone. Once I started on natural progesterone cream, a year later I was pg. (sometimes miscarriages are a result of not enough progesterone.)
    I got mine at Kevalahealth.com
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 5:40 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• No, don't give up, go see your obgyn and get a clean bill of health then try taking some red clover and see if that works, herbs are better than fertility drugs.
    homealone_10

Answer by homealone_10 at 8:00 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• See a reproductive endocrinologist that specializes in advanced maternal age. The IVFConnections bulletin board had sections for women trying later in the game. You really need to know your baseline hormone levels. Is your FSH in the 20's? If so, it will likely be extremely difficult for you to conceive on your own....and even then advanced techniques might be hard too. You might be more successful using donor eggs.

Personally, I wouldn't give up until I've exhausted all options, including medical procedures.
    halfpint_ny

Answer by halfpint_ny at 7:34 AM on Jun. 9, 2009