You vs. Your Mother?

What sorts of things did your mother do when you were growing up that wasn't a big deal back then but is a huge parenting no-no now?

For example, my mom didn't slather me in sunblock every time I went outside, but now we know how important it is to cover our kids in lotion.

Daily Buzz Team

Asked by Daily Buzz Team at 5:28 PM on Jun. 8, 2009 in Just for Fun

• My mom didn't have us use a seat belt. Of course, in the 1970's hardly any kids did. We got to lay down in the back for a nap if we wanted.
    She also smoked around us and so did my grandparents. In fact, she smoked while pregnant with my brother and me.
    No sunblock either. It wasn't even invented yet. All we ever got was a Coppertone tan. (Remember the old ad with the little girl looking behind her as a puppy pulled down her bikini bottom to reveal a tan line? Today that is child-porn.)
    Wow-times have changed.
    Anonymous

• My mom was feeding me cereal at 2 months old, letting me sleep on my tummy...there weren't car seats back then, so, I wasn't in one.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 5:32 PM on Jun. 8, 2009