I hate that SOME SAHM's give other SAHM's a bad name!

I am so sick or reading questions or answers Re SAHM's and think the lazy ones give other ones like me a bad name. I hate hearing I stay in my pj's all day until right before my Hubby gets home or I haven't done anything all day cause I'm on cm. It's a privilege to stay home with them and why waiste it. I get up every morning take a shower, get ready, get the kids up feed (and no not just a pop tart) and on their way to school. I never leave the house with myself or them not ready. I clean the house everyday and have dinner ready when my Hubby gets home. I will be damned if my Hubby works his a** off and I sit on mine and neglect my kids. God gave me these children and I am not going to let him, myself or my kids down. Oh and did I mention I am 28 have a child that is disabled and 2 more. I am not trying to act like I am perfect but it's really sad to know that some Mom's just don't care about themselves or their kids.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:34 PM on Jun. 8, 2009 in General Parenting

• Amen!!!!
    Anonymous

• i agree.i am also a SAHM and i too think its a privelegde. i also get up with my baby and get the house going and then dinner at the reasonable time. i dont spend alot of time on the computer or on my buttt in front of the tv. i like to take care of my babies and husband.
    naturepeace

Answer by naturepeace at 5:39 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• WTF do you care what other SAHM's do? Get off your high horse and mind your own cleaning and cooking.
    Anonymous

• I dont really know what to say to that.I am a sahm right now but i'm 38 wks preg so My house is not perfect and i dont cook big breakfasts (they eat cereal) and everyonce in a while super is not ready waiting for my husband.But my husband works construction and is at home at all diff times so its kinda hard to judge.And as for pj's thats about all I have that I can fit into so yeah I wear them most of the time.I dont think I'm horrible because I'm not perfect,I'm human.

Sounds like your stressed out, maybe you should put on your pj's and eat a pop tart.lol.
    Anonymous

• IMO, the people that bash SAHM's are the ones who are jealous because deep down they WANT to stay home with their children, but have been brainwashed by society into thinking that in order to be fulfilled, they have to have a "career" and dump their kids off for someone else to raise. Therefore, they feel the need to justify their selfish decision and bash the ones who are actually doing the right thing and raising their kids. Seems like a guilty heart to me!!
    Anonymous

• Why are they giving YOU a bad name? Who cares what other people do, it's their business and everyone has a different lifestyle and do things differently. Why does that concern you? Just because everyone doesn't do what you do at home or live their life like you doesn't mean that they are bad people or parents. I suggest you don't worry about everyone else and worry about your life(you obviously have a lot on your plate).
    Anonymous

• I'm so sick of reading posts saying "mind your own business." Seriously, mind YOUR own business if that's so important.

I hear what you're saying OP. I get on for 5-10 minute bursts here and there throughout the day. It varies. My house is clean, my kids are cared for, and it's all good here.
    apexmommy

Answer by apexmommy at 6:14 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• Well we can't all be as perfect as YOU, Mrs. Cleaver!! Go blow it out of your diddy bag!
    Anonymous

• I hate SAHM who tell working moms they are letting daycare raise their kids. Lots of things give SAHMs a bad name.
    Anonymous

• Oh please. I am also 28 and have 3 kids. 1 of which is autistic. I don't plan on not getting out of my pjs some days but it happens because every time I go to change, some major disaster happens. Or at least someone thinks that it's a major disaster. Some days my house gets cleaned, then the kids decide to play in the room that I just cleaned. Or my dd could be having a bad day and throw a fit, which includes throwing all of her toys on the floor. I don't pretend that my job is easy, heck I actually MISS working some days. I stay home because my DH makes enough to support us AND the amount that was left over out of my paycheck after daycare for 3 kids really wasn't worth working anymore. Personally I'm sick of listening to SAHM that think that they are better than everyone else because they can do everything to perfection!

fallnangel3

Answer by fallnangel3 at 8:02 PM on Jun. 8, 2009