Should i see if they will accept partial payment?

I have a payment due and i don't really have enough to pay the full amount. If i do, i am afraid i wont have any money left incase i need soemthing like diapers or milk or something. Should i call and ask them if i can pay half and the other half next week?I would think some would be better than none. what should my response be to them if they say no that i have to pay amount in full.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:36 PM on Jun. 8, 2009 in Money & Work

• Yes, most places will take anything you can give them. They can't make you, if you don't have the money you don't have it. What would they make you stand on a street corner? Don't think so, they will take whatever you can give. I had to do the same thing this week with my cell phone bill and they gave me no problems but I have been a customer for years and always paid on time.
    HolliBerry21

Answer by HolliBerry21 at 5:43 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• The worst they can say is no...then you ask what you CAN arrange. Some places will take a postdated payment...but be sure you will have the money to cover it.
    Anonymous

• If you could be a bit more specific, I might could give you some ideas. :) What kind of bill is this? A car payment? CC?
    lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 8:23 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• Most companies are very willing to work with you. As long as you promise to pay the full amount in a reasonable amount of time they usually do not have a problem with it at all. Good Luck!
    jmoran

Answer by jmoran at 1:47 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• call them. if they say no, tell them, this is what i have. i can't give you what i don't. but most places, while they may give you a late fee, will go along with you.
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 8:22 PM on Jun. 10, 2009