the laundry

ok there are only 3 of us left in the house.yes the house got bigger once everyone moved out(that was good because we were thinking of moving up.....anyway,now there is more places to put clothes..they seem to be everywhere.i dont have anyidea how much i have or where to put them...we have tried baskets of everykind.and still we really dont have a whole lot of clothes.any ideas?

raineydays377

Asked by raineydays377 at 5:40 PM on Jun. 8, 2009 in Home & Garden

• Each of you have a designated basket and if it's not in the basket then it doesn't get washed or they are responsible for washing it.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 5:52 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• I used this system when my kids got older. They each had their own laundry basket. When clothes were washed and dried, they were sorted into each basket. They were able to use the basket in their room to collect dirty laundry, and they were to bring their own dirty clothes and sort them into the diff. colored net bags (on a pvc frame that you can buy just about anywhere.) This helped quite a bit, until I moved to the next phase, which was, each one had a laundry day of their own and I taught them how to use the washer properly and the dryer.

This was a good system, b/c then my laundry duties cut less than half! Also, it taught them to become responsible for themself, which helped them become more mature. As soon as they were able to move out, they knew perfectly how to care for their own clothes.
    lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 6:26 PM on Jun. 8, 2009