Interfering husband?

My sister-in-laws younger sister had a baby last week and I missed her baby shower while I was out of town. I wanted to get her something that would be nice for her. I discovered her favorite band had a new cd released recently. I decided to make her a relaxation mix. (Two kids can stress you out) I told my husband about it just to tell him. Well, I got done with making the cd and I turned to do something else. I was going to take the cd to her later. He decides to take the cd to her. He doesn't tell me he is or ask me if he could. He just leaves and when I finally realize what he had done it was to late to stop him. I was really upset by him doing that because it was my gift to her. He had nothing to do with it.
Does your husband ever take over projects you are doing? Why do men do this?

IzzeAddy

Asked by IzzeAddy at 5:41 PM on Jun. 8, 2009 in Relationships

• You know what I think I would do? I think I would call her and ask her if my husband had delivered my gift to her yet. Then I would tell her that you had intended to bring that over to her, but he just took off with it. I can't imagine why he would do stuff like that, unless it's because he never has good ideas of his own and is a little jealous that you do have good ideas. No matter what, I would not let him get away with presenting your gift as being from him. That is not good for him, and you don't want the recipient believing a lie. So, I think this is one time where you expose the truth. If he gets mad about it, let him. He is the one who screwed this thing up, and he should be held accountable. Since you are the only one who knows the whole truth, you are the one to gets to straighten up the record. Do not speak ill of your husband. Just tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 5:48 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• bless his heart! He probably thought he was helping!!

Answer by admckenzie at 5:47 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• Yes he does, he did it yesterday! I was going to pick the weeds in the back yard well he took it upon himself to just cut one of our trees down, he said "it's less work for me" cuz he doesn't want me out there in the heat (I am 35 weeks preggo). Crap if you're going to try to help, pick the weeds don't cut down every damm tree, cuz it's easier for you! He drove me crazy!
    LuvmyFam6

Answer by LuvmyFam6 at 5:50 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• ha oh husbands when you want the help they dont help and when u do they are not there.. awww he shouldnt of done that..
    Hyde3

Answer by Hyde3 at 5:56 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• My husband does things like this all the time. It bugs me because he kind of steps on me in the process. I don't feel angry but I feel overshadowed and small. I am a big girl and can handle many things on my own. I love how he wants to help but freakin' communicate that to me. That is all I ask.
    IzzeAddy

Answer by IzzeAddy at 5:58 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• i'm with nannyb...couldnt have said it better
    dee778

Answer by dee778 at 8:01 AM on Jun. 9, 2009