a misunderstanding???

I posted a question a few days ago, that some misunderstood. It was about passages in the bible, that aren't as some interpret them to be, as well as asking some to research the history behind their religion.

The reason for the post was to show some Christians, that lashing out at others because they are homosexual, or witches, etc.. is inexcusable..
that the translations about them are questionable.

The reason for me showing people that it's questionable: is because some, although not the majority of Christians, use passages, to justify the hatred they have for others. Which is wrong. If you are Christian, you should worship the man who died to help rid the world of sin and hate, by honoring his memory by loving others.. rather than attacking groups, by saying we are doomed or abominations.

As I said, a majority of you aren't like this, but those that are, you need to help refocus, cont.....

xxhazeldovexx

Asked by xxhazeldovexx at 5:46 PM on Jun. 8, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• "It really is sad.. this post is meant to inspire Christians to come together, and work as a team, to create a better image for themselves, which most already have.."

Like I said, hazeldove, when ideas of peace come from a "non-believer", then it's hateful. If I Christian made the EXACT same post, they'd all be rallying together and saying "amen". I guarantee it. I see it over and over...whenever I try to point out that they should not hate, I am accused of spreading hate. Yet THEY are the ones with the religion who preaches love.
    metalcowgirl34

Answer by metalcowgirl34 at 7:46 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• if you, as Christians, can pull together on this issue.. you can put a lot of the intolerance from other religions to an end. Or you can continue as you are.. the choice is yours.

as I've said.. I'm not a Christian.. but I use to be. I have no wish to convert back.. because I'm at peace with my own beliefs.. but I'm tired of having to justify them to others when they say I'm going to hell, etc. So if you want to stop angry replies.. practice a little of what you preach about.. and we can all be a little happier.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 5:49 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• you sound bitter. Sorry about that.
    Anonymous

• I see where you're coming from,and I hope you don't take this the wrong way,but as long as you,and several others continue to post this stuff, simply trying to force us to believe what you think is right about the Bible, you are going to continue to elicit angry replies from us Christians. We don't go over the books you use in pagan worship, or Satanic worship,and then post link after link,trying to show you how wrong what you believe in is. We leave all that alone. Why can't we be given the same courtesy? I honestly believe we'd all be alot happier around here if some (not all,but a few) of the pagans and atheists, and Satanists would just leave the Bible alone. WE believe it for what it is, our book of life, given to us by the God we love and worship. Why is that so hard to comprehend? Why don't you see that we don't care if you have one link or 200,we aren't going to change our minds. I agree, there are some who use verses
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 5:56 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• Only a christian would read bitter into that. I can give BOTD, but i really don't think they care if they misunderstood the post. The ones who bash are going to continue to do so because in their mind they are absolutely right. They don't want to stop angry replies because they thrive on it. They think the reason you are angry is because they have spoken the truth and deep down you know it. So either we keep justifying our beliefs or we walk away because we are the better person. i hear you though I do.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 5:57 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• I will not stop calling sin, sin. I am sorry that you disagree with what Scripture says and with it being applied but there are many passages that don't need interpretation. If God calls it sin then it's a sin. If that bugs you then don't post in this area.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 5:58 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• as a reason to hate, and that's very wrong. But, you all using your links as a means to force what we will never believe is just as wrong. You said we need to practice what we preach,and I agree, we do,but so do you. As I said,I hope you don't take this the wrong way. It is meant in the nicest possible way I could put it.
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 5:58 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• "So if you want to stop angry replies"

the only replies you can control are your own. If a remark is made that makes your agner you must walk away(or click away) as there is nothing you can do on the internet.
    Anonymous

• Why the need to link atheists and Satanists specifically stvmen? This post had nothing to do with that, and yet you mention it twice?

I don't see how this post is bitter. She is asking for peace pretty much....but oh, I forgot, peace is of the devil if it's one of us that suggests it.
    metalcowgirl34

Answer by metalcowgirl34 at 6:50 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• “you sound bitter. Sorry about that.”

Bitter? No.. bitter would imply that I was a little envious or jealous about something.. a little angry, and annoyed perhaps. Especially with people like yourself, who continually use the anon button, just to be a troll.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 7:33 PM on Jun. 8, 2009