Spill-Proof Cups

What kind of spill-proof cup genuinely is GOOD? We have had Munchkin but it didn't come with a lid and my LO bit through part of the plastic so it wasn't spill-proof anymore. We've had Nuby but when you open or close it it splatters everyone and stains everything?

I have thoroughly looked at Playtex that is insulated and they appear as though they would be good but I don't want to invest $6 to $7 on a cup I am not sure of.

My LO REALLY needs a good spill-proof cup. Any suggestions?

firenicecream

Asked by firenicecream at 5:53 PM on Jun. 8, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• NUBY IS JUNK, INVEST IN THE PLAYTEX ONES THEY WILL LAST A LONG TIME AND THEY DON'T SPILL, MY DD HAD HERS FOR OVER A YEAR,ALSO GERBER MAKES GOOD ONES! I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THE PLAYTEX ONES!
    ELIZABETHSMO902

Answer by ELIZABETHSMO902 at 6:36 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• I agree the Nuby is annoying when it has anything other than water in it. That's what we put in ours.
    For milk, I bought the take & toss plastic cups with lids at Walmart. Some come with straws and some with a sippy top. We use the straw kind. (DS is two). He has dropped it on floor a few times and the lid stays on tight. No leaks around the straw. Milk can escape the straw, but since we use it at the dinner table, it never gets much time on the floor!
    We also have a couple of the Playtex Coolster Tumblers that have a low profile sipper and are insulated. They don't leak at all. (might be too hard for an infant to use)
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 6:02 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• I get the cheap ones from Wal-Mart (Nuby brand) for like 99 cents or something like that.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 6:19 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• I have several Playtex ones (soft spouts, hards spouts, a good variety) and they all work really well. They seem to be very durable also.
    mandamitch

Answer by mandamitch at 7:26 PM on Jun. 8, 2009