Do you put anything before God of the bible?

THe bible says if you put anything before God that is your god.. so do you put anything before God?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:53 PM on Jun. 8, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I try not to either.. Sometimes we don't realize we are doing it untill someone points it out..

hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 6:10 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• We all do at times. We are human,and we mess up, whether we are saved or not. And,it's true,anything that can take your mind off God can be a god to you.
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 6:02 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• Well, since I don't believe in the God of the Bible..... I guess that means I put everything before the God of the Bible... so I've got a WHOLE lot of Gods that vary a BUNCH! lol My TV remote is one of my Gods, going on that logic. :-)
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 6:03 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• I try not to but when i do find myself putting things before God, I repent and try to not continue putting things before God.
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 6:07 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• I agree with stvmen, bonn, and hinson!!! Sometimes I sit down to read the Bible and I start to pray and God shows me that I have let something come before Him. I usually don't even realize it!!!

Just seeing it is enough to change it. Nothing should come before the Lord in my life.
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 6:20 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• What a ridiculous amount of stress this must put on christians! No wonder some of them are so bitter and busy pointing fingers at everyone around them! I'd be ticked too if I had to walk such a fine line of perfection to appease a God.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 7:09 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• Everything but then again, I'm not Christian.
    anetrnlov

Answer by anetrnlov at 7:30 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• I put everything above God...and I must say I love it! Never felt better.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 7:40 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• Not deliberately.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 7:48 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• I put everything before the God of the Bible. He is not my God!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:06 PM on Jun. 8, 2009