Are your views on your abortion because of your religion?

Do any of you think differently than the majority of those who practice your religion?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:54 PM on Jun. 8, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• My views on abortion stim from my value of human life. I feel like EVERY human no matter how small deserve a chance at life and all it has to offer.

My religious views really have nothing to do with it.
    Anonymous

• No. I actually feel that when it comes to anyone else's uterus but mine, it's a political issue. For my own uterus, I am against abortion because I feel it's wrong and quite honestly I don't think I could live with myself. But I am a big believer that my rights stop at the end of my nose and other people should have the opportunity to follow their own conscience so I am politically pro-choice for a variety of reasons. To me thinking abortion should be illegal because I personally disagree is akin to me campaigning to make meat illegal because I think it's wrong to kill animals for food. I have the right to follow my conscience and not consume animals, but it doesn't mean you should not be able to eat meat. Similarly, I know that I personally could not live with myself if I terminated a pregnancy for my own conveniance, but I dont' think my beliefs should hold sway in someone else's uterus.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 5:57 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• Nope. My views are just my views.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 5:57 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• No, just how I feel about it not what is said in my belief system.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 6:01 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• My views are just that, My Views.
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 6:01 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• Nicely worded Freela! I agree completely!

Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 6:04 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• My views are mine. In part from my faith in God,and the knowledge that He knows us before He forms us in the womb. Makes me more aware we are a person with a soul from the moment of conception. Also has to do with my having been saved from one by my Mom,when my Dad wanted her to kill me. Mainly comes from my value of human life. ALL human life, born or not,everyone deserves the chance to be born,and have a chance to live.
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 6:15 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• I am a Christian and I am pro-life. I wouldn't just say that that is because of my religion though. However before I became a Christian I was pro-choice, so maybe.

But to me, if feels like common sense (no offense--I couldn't think of a better phrase, I promise). I mean to me it is so obvious that you are ending the life of a child. If I gave up my faith today (I wouldn't) I would still be pro-life. I think that most people of different or no religion(s) agree about certain things being wrong, like stealing, abuse, murder. So I don't think this has to be a religious issue.

I believe everyone should have medical freedom, and the right to choose what happens to their own body. HOWEVER, that choice ends when it affects the body of someone else (with their own DNA). That is my belief, and the law doesn't agree with me, so don't get mad at my opinion because it won't affect anyone, lol.
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 6:17 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• My views on it come from my knowledge gained from actual research (not biased research) and my compassion for others...including the potential babies and their mothers.
    metalcowgirl34

Answer by metalcowgirl34 at 6:18 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• Very interesting that "views on abortion", religion or not, gets immediately all mixed up with political opinions. They are indeed two different things - just like being vegetarian vs campaigning for laws against eating meat.

I suspect that the reason abortion continues to be such a hot issue is that abortion "rights" activists keep pushing for more and more outrageous abortion guidelines. That tips the scales

Roe vs Wade set certain limits on how early in the pregnancy an abortion had to be done to be legal. And ever since, there have been constant campaigns to legalize it later and later. Propaganda campaigns try to make people think that ANY caution about abortion - such as thinking it over for 24 hours; notifying a young girl's parents; doing abortions only for Roe vs Wade reasons & not just "on demand" - that any caution is equal to trying to illegalize ALL abortions and force women back into back-alley abortions.
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 6:40 PM on Jun. 8, 2009