What is the best most effective way to clean the trays under the burners on stove top?

I need to find a good cleaning product for the metal trays that lay underneath the burners on my stove top. I have soked them in soapey water for a whole day and tried to scrub them clean but it doesnt seam to do much. I have family coming into town and really want them clean. I do allot off cooking at home so they tend to get dirty quick. My mom recommended the foil underneath to catch stuff but I personally think that looks tacky. Especially in my place due to the arangment. Any advice please?

KOURT

Asked by KOURT at 5:56 PM on Jun. 8, 2009 in Home & Garden

• In all honesty I would just replace them. They aren't very expensive, and if it saves you the worry, than I think it is worth every penny. I replace mine every couple of months.
    2-1CavWife

Answer by 2-1CavWife at 5:58 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• I buy new ones.lol
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 6:01 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• I'm wondering if easy off (the non fume kind) would work. You might try this on the ones you have now, or on a new set when they get dirty. I don't know if the material on reflectors would hold up to the chemicals, but you could read the can and see. :)
    lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 6:22 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• I dont want to pay to replace them because its an apartment I wont be staying at much longer. I just want to get them clean at least a little cleaner than they are before our family gets in this weekend.
    KOURT

Answer by KOURT at 6:28 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• I use oven cleaner. Soak it in them and then scrub. Works great.
    Kristinmomof2

Answer by Kristinmomof2 at 6:40 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• oven cleaner..I use to use this on my rims of my car when it would get brake dust and it worked great so I think your right...Is there a certain brand?
    KOURT

Answer by KOURT at 6:52 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• If you live in an apartment call and complain about them. I added it to a list of things just to see what they would say and they came and replaced them. It's worth a shot. Otherwise oven cleaner or buy new ones and clean them everytime you use them...
    kngarber

Answer by kngarber at 12:33 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• i have stainless steel trays, and i use bartender's friend to keep them clean and shiny.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 1:11 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• Replace them
    SnoWhiteImages

Answer by SnoWhiteImages at 10:53 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• i use brillo pads,they do wonders and don't scratch
    avismama

Answer by avismama at 2:21 PM on Jun. 9, 2009