depressed; repeat sinning and im trying

hi.. so im seriously at an emotional and spirtual loss right now.. i wish that i had kinder emotions and didnt think such greedy selfish thoughts. ive been praying several times of day for god and the holy spirit to change my heart.. i try i tell myself that in the future i will be sweet and kind.. but then i get angry and i use my tongue as a weapon and i say the most mean and hurtful things.. i completly embrass myself and i feel stupid; then i pray again please god help me to not do this anymore.. does god for give me if i still battle with my words and cant stop messing up. the bible says that the tongue is like a forest fire that can spread.. every time i open up the bible i open it to tame your words or dont be angry... i do feel like giving up on my faith bc i feel condemed and hopeless... does god really forgive us when we keep repeating bad behavoirs and we are really trying to stop? please pray for me im depresed

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:58 PM on Jun. 8, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Are you REALLY trying, or just praying about it and then letting it go? Praying alone isn't going to do squat. YOu have control of your emotions, not God.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 6:03 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• God is infinitely forgiving.

In other words, he forgives forever.

Now, if your angry words are actually abuse....you need to do more than pray. You need to see someone for help.

If your anger is justified, then you're beating yourself up over nothing. God expects you to be a human, not a doormat. That means you're gonna get angry once in a while.

He still forgives. FOREVER.

Answer by gdiamante at 6:04 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• how do i change my emotions? if not through prayer..
    Anonymous

• mybe i should see a counsler through a church; but i dont have a car to even get to church.. ive been listening to sermons online. and trying to meditate on the bible;but its not helping..
    Anonymous

• You CANNOT change emotions. Even with prayer. You can learn to CONTROL emotions.

DO NOT go this alone if you're feeling this out of control. Talk to your doctor....you may be able to get referred for some anger management if you need that.

Answer by gdiamante at 6:10 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• Might be helpful if you can give an example of the issue. A brief synopsis of one of the times that has you so upset.

• God will forgive you just try i understand where you are coming from my hubby has the same problem and you got to give God your all.. Pray fast and read he will help you ...
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 6:12 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• i feel like the devil rules over my thoughts... i prayed this morning and i told the devil im not listening to you anymore.. but then some old resentment comes up and i start thinking abt why im upset.. i have a hard time moving forward with things.. i obsess constantly.. then i feel guilty for saying mean things then i try to justify it to make myself to feel better and then im right back where i started..i feel hopeless....i ask god why did u make my heart so cold and mean. today alone ive already prayed about this to the holy spirt and god like ten time..i must say my honesty hear is not easy.. but i need some help.. i feel like my brain and heart are at a spirtual war.. please dont bash me.
    Anonymous

• sounds like someone is stumbling you in your walk. Hide your push buttons sister. I've been there so I totally understand. Set bounderies with this person. God loves you always He will always love you. The transformation does not happen over night. God know you hate it. Paul spoke about this flesh in the bible "What I hate I do"
    JCRestoredme

Answer by JCRestoredme at 6:16 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• mybe i can find a church that is walking distance and i can get some counseling thats free through a pastor...yes god is putting that on my heart i need to find a church that i can walk to .
    Anonymous