FED UP

MY 7 MONTH OLD HAS BEEN DRIVING ME CRAZY THE LAST WEEK. ALL SHE DOES IS SCREAM ANYMORE!!!! I WENT BACK TO WORK 9-2 EVERYDAY BECAUSE HUBBY IS LAID OFF. ANYWAYS SHE SCREAMS WHEN SHE GOES IN THE CAR SEAT, WHEN I GO TO THE BATHROOM. I CANT DO ANYTHING. GET NOTHING DONE

. I FEEL LIKE GIVING UP. IM SO TIRED OF HEARING HER SCREAM. I LOVE HER BUT I CANT TAKE IT. THIS STRESS IS ALSO EFFECTING MY MARRIAGE. I JUST DONT NO WHAT TO DO ANYMORE. IM NOT CUT OUT TO BE A MOM I GUESS!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:05 PM on Jun. 8, 2009 in Just for Fun

• aww hunni dont say that!!! my son found his voice and screams now just for the hell of it...and i mean LOUD!! when u get to him to check on it, he laughs...im sorry its stressing you out, maybe you leaving has her paranoid, at that age babies know WHO mommy is and when mommy leaves theyre scared they havent developed object permanence yet, which means when u leave shes not sure when or if your coming back she just knows you leave!!! Maybe thats playing a part in her screaming?!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 6:09 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• I understand. I go through the same stuff and I feel the same way you do quite often. I'm sorry girl. =)
    firenicecream

Answer by firenicecream at 6:13 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• What you feel is not unusual. I had this period in my life, too. My baby screamed 24 hours a day and didn't sleep longer than 15 minutes for the first year. I was on my own with him without any help - my husband worked a lot and my mom lives in Europe so she couldn't come and help. I was hysterical. I needed some sleep and rest. I couldn't bare it anymore. I started to have panic attacks every day. I wanted to throw him out of the window or sell him on Ebay : -)))))))) - I wasn't serious of course but I was so miserable. I still can't explain how I survived - but I did. I think talking to moms who had the same screaming kids helped a lot. I found some moms with the same problems online so we chatted online or on the phone - and it was such a big relief when you know you are not alone. We complained about our pathetic lives until we just started to laugh at ourselves - and this is how we made it through.
    Bryans_Mom

Answer by Bryans_Mom at 6:21 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• Does she scream when she gets home from daycare? My middle did that. He spent the first 2 hours home screaming. We decided that he had kept it in all he could all day so when he got home, he just had to let it out. We changed the way we did our "coming home" routine. He spent time with me for a few minutes. I stopped everything and just focused on him for about 30 min. If he still needed to get it out, I just put him on the floor of his room with a baby gate and let him have at it. He learned the routine rather quickly and before long, he actually wanted his time in his room. He would only be back there a little while, but he needed his alone time. He began to play with his toys and we got back to a normal routine.

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 7:29 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• she probably misses you adn doesn't want you to leave her sight. sorry. it may take time but she will calm down. meanwhile, you are asking about this. obviously you care enough to get help. taht means you are a good mom. bad moms don't care if they are bad moms. that's how you tell.
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 3:48 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• Answered at 3:48 PM on Jun. 9, 2009 by: * princezzmommie princ... she probably misses you adn doesn't want you to leave her sight. sorry. it may take time but she will calm down. meanwhile, you are asking about this. obviously you care enough to get help. taht means you are a good mom. bad moms don't care if they are bad moms. that's how you tell.

~*~ I like that. That's really encouraging. To me anyways. =)  ~*~

firenicecream

Answer by firenicecream at 8:01 PM on Jun. 9, 2009