How to teach a 10 month old how to drink from a sippy cup?

Alls he want to do is bite it. I tried giving it to him like a bottle and he wont even try to drink, just bites it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:16 PM on Jun. 8, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My son is the same age... and I've just had to try a few different types of cups. There are some that you DO bite... so maybe that kind will work for him (we have a Nuby one like that) My son didn't understand that kind and figured out the Gerber kind you suck on.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 6:22 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• I had the same issue with my daughter. I tried every sippy cup under the sun and found that the Nuk cups worked for her. When she would bite it she would get a taste of what was in there and eventually started drinking it. My doctor told me to just give her straight juice at first to make her want was in it and then water it down after she got the idea. I gave the cup to her at every meal and it didn't take too long for her to start taking it. We started the cup at about 6 months! I have just now gotten her to take something other than the Nuk cups.
    busybemomma

Answer by busybemomma at 7:20 PM on Jun. 8, 2009