I am on my 3rd bc pill and realized its the wrong kind of pills I take. Can I start taking a new pack now?

I stopped after the 3rd day after realizing they are the wrong kind of bc pills I take. I am going to pick up the right ones today at the pharmacy, but can I start the new pack right away after already taking 3 days of the old pack? Not sure if there are risks or anything. Thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:21 PM on Jun. 8, 2009 in Health

• I would wait until Sunday, not all bc pills are the same. I am on Yaz and it isn't the same hormones as other bc pills. When I changed bc pills, my doctor had me stop the previous brand, wait a week and start the new brand. All birth control pills are not created equal. Always ask your doctor and how did you get the wrong pills to begin with?

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:58 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• you should be fine but i would use a back up for a couple days to be sure, or until you can call your obgyn. :o)
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 6:26 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• I would say it's fine. Birth control pills are birth control pills.
    You could always ask the pharmacist when you pick up the other ones.
    honeyb3

Answer by honeyb3 at 6:27 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• I just talked to my doc and since the wrong pills were ortho tri cyclen lo, and the ones I usually take are ortho tri cyclen, I am ok to take the new pills right away. The pharmacy gave me the wrong ones by accident, but the packaging looks the same as tri cyclen, so I didn't notice right away. Thanks for the responses!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:37 AM on Jun. 9, 2009