what do you get out of this verses? I was reading and wanting to know what you think

Ephesians 5:11
Take no part in the unfruitful works of darkness, but instead expose them

1 Timothy 4:1
Now the Spirit expressly says that in later times some will depart from the faith by devoting themselves to deceitful spirits and teachings of demons

Thanks for your comments... God bless

hinson7169

Asked by hinson7169 at 6:26 PM on Jun. 8, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• God bless Paul! He was truly the Greatest Evangelist this world has ever known. It's pretty cut and dry in my opinion. When we see what we KNOW is wrong,against the Bible, we are to expose it, no matter what. And, yes, we are seeing more and more as the end times approach people abandoning their faith,and turning to God only knows what. We see it on here every day. Great post hinson,and beautiful verses. I always love reading what the Apostle Paul left for us. As timeless today as the day he wrote it.
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 6:28 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• amen stvmen
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 6:30 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• Wow, I think Paul wrote those words for these very days. It is so sad to see people depart from the faith, and cling to deception. I love Paul for being so bold and loving. What some people probably considered "hate speech" back then is the most loving thing you can give. He poured out his life for people to be set free by the truth.

"For I am already being poured out as a drink offering, and the time of my departure is at hand. I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. Finally, there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will give to me on that Day, and not to me only but also to all who have loved His appearing." 2 Timothy 4:6-8
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 6:39 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• Well we know that what they taught in the New Testament was to be applied to the church itself. Those who were following Christ. This applies to the body, being honest and truthful in their behavior and not condoning the sin, within the church , not the unsaved.
    singedwingangel

Answer by singedwingangel at 6:41 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• "But what I do, I will also continue to do, that I may cut off the opportunity from those who desire an opportunity to be regarded just as we are in the things of which they boast. For such [are] false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into apostles of Christ And no wonder! For Satan himself transforms himself into an angel of light. Therefore [it is] no great thing if his ministers also transform themselves into ministers of righteousness, whose end will be according to their works." 1 Cor. 11:12-15
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 6:43 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• The "doctrines of devils" (1 Tim. 4:1 KJV) are not always obvious. There are many things accepted in today's churches that have "New Age" origins, hiding in plain sight. Some of these are accepted as righteous teachings by those who are unaware of where they come from.

Ephesians 5:11 goes hand in hand with 1 Tim. 5:20--"Them that sin rebuke before all, that others also may fear." Exposure is the starting point of healing. God can't forgive the sins we cover up.

Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 6:55 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• "The "doctrines of devils" (1 Tim. 4:1 KJV) are not always obvious. There are many things accepted in today's churches that have "New Age" origins, hiding in plain sight. Some of these are accepted as righteous teachings by those who are unaware of where they come from."

So true
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 7:19 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• Wow guys, every single answer above is so beautiful and so sincere. I agree with all of you. We all do have to be wary of "the wolves in sheep's clothing so to speak." We know that the Anti-Christ will come not as a dark, ugly, horrendous monster with horns and a pitchfork. That would be too obvious. The Anti-Christ will come to this earth appearing more handsome than we can imagine. He'll say all the things everyone wants to hear, but we all must be on our guard. The true believers will be able to see "this pathetic creature" for what he is. True Believers will wait for the Return of the TRUE SON OF GOD. I encourage anyone who has trouble diciphering the Bible to read the Collection of Left Behind Books. They're told in such a way that it's so much easier to understand what is to come.... These books are written by great Christian men and are a wonder look into Revelation so that we may understand it.
    lighthousemom3

Answer by lighthousemom3 at 7:37 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• Before Ephesians 5:11 the bible is going on about:
    Let fornication and uncleanness of every sort or greediness not even be mentioned among YOU, just as it befits holy people; 4 neither shameful conduct nor foolish talking nor obscene jesting, things which are not becoming, but rather the giving of thanks. 5 For YOU know this, recognizing it for yourselves, that no fornicator or unclean person or greedy person—which means being an idolater—has any inheritance in the kingdom of the Christ and of God.

I would think it has to do with things that god does not approve of false worshilp.
    Anonymous

• ephesians expose the fake religions
    1 timothy we may loose our faith if we dont guard it and become part of the world
    lawla

Answer by lawla at 9:07 PM on Jun. 8, 2009