• In the Spotlight:

Would you pay $279.00 for a 4pc Bedding Set(2 pillow cases, bed skirt, comforter) or $299.95 for a 30pc Bedding Ensemble with comforter, bed skirt, pillow shams (4 each standard, 2 each Euro), sheets (1 each flat/fitted) - even matching accent pillows (2 each 16" square, 1 each neckroll, 1each 13"x18" rectangle) and sheer window curtains (4 each panels with tieback, plus one valance).

I am trying to decide whether or not the 30pc is worth $299.95. I want a set that has everything, but do you think that this is too high? I don't want to pay $279.00 for only 2 pilow cases, bed skirt and a comforter. If I go to a store to special order it they will charge me way more than $299.95.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:26 PM on Jun. 8, 2009 in Shopping

• Well, I wouldn't pay that much for a bedding set regardless, but that's just me. IF I WERE, I'd buy the one that is 20 bucks more with a ton more stuff in it. It makes the other one sound like a serious rip off.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 6:31 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• What is a good price for a 30pc Bedding Ensemble? (comforter, bed skirt, pillow shams (4 each standard, 2 each Euro), sheets (1 each flat/fitted) - even matching accent pillows (2 each 16" square, 1 each neckroll, 1each 13"x18" rectangle) and sheer window curtains (4 each panels with tieback, plus one valance)
    Anonymous

• 300 is a steal sorry but that's how much you'll pay for any 30pc if not alot more.
    mizsaxton

Answer by mizsaxton at 7:29 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• the price difference is 20 dollars... is this a real ?? ... i would base it on which one i liked more --
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 11:17 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• Depends on the brand. I would for Ralph Lauren. Or anything authentic silk or something that has a thread count of 200 or more.
    Ibelongtojesus

Answer by Ibelongtojesus at 8:24 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• I paid more for our bedding so I would go with whichever you like best since it's only $20 difference. You can always take the pillow sham to another store to get matching sheets that aren't as expensive.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 12:27 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• i would go with the 30 pc for $300 when all was said and done i paid about the same for my bedding, accent pillows and curtains. and i bought them all separately. so its a good price
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 2:07 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• Have you tried ebay? I got a potttery barn bedding set for under $200- so you could kinda explore more options by cutting down price if its listed. Also, while you're getting more with the larger set, sometimes those sets skimp on quality of certain items (like the sheets and regular pillows) so you're just as well off buying complimentary colors on your own than in the set. And sometimes a whole room decorated with one big set looks so matchy its kinda tacky. You might be better buying the big pieces seperately and then using complementary colors to fill in the details. just my opinion
    mrs_pulley

Answer by mrs_pulley at 2:34 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• Hey I seen a set on this site in the market place. I think I seen it under the journal of the webpage Juschilln. She got some nice things. I would pay that. It looks like good quality material.
    Anonymous

• It depends. I like like to wrap up and do all kinds of twisting, so I need a longer comforter PLUS being married to such a tall person we need a long comforter. I have found that the cheaper comforters are often shorter and not as wide. I personally would prefer to pay for the extra length in the comforter even if I don't get as much accessories wise.
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 4:26 PM on Jun. 11, 2009