what did you first tell your kid(s) about where babies come from?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:27 PM on Jun. 8, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• The truth. I took my kids to county fair when they were 5-6 and they witnessed birth.
    writeon

Answer by writeon at 6:31 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• Might be helpful to get books that are age appropriate which sometimes can do a good job of explaining. Read it together and then talk about it.  Find them on the puberty & birds and bees link here http://www.cjkidz.com/parentsgrandparentsteachers.html

momjs

Answer by momjs at 7:20 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• At first I told my two oldest children that babies were a gift from God and were put in a special place to be able to grow into children, then I got to thinking about it and decided to go to the library and get a book on where do babies come from.That book explains it a lot better then I ever could.
    homealone_10

Answer by homealone_10 at 8:15 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• I focused more on good and bad touch and respecting themselves and their peers from toddlerhood up.. The actual sex queston for my kids was handled like for just about every kid in secret talks with their peers giggling. When I became pregnant with each next baby of my three kids when each kid asked how did baby get in mommy because of their ages I just said a present from God, He put baby there. That satisfied each at the time and left room for their normal questions.
    Anonymous

• I told my daughter the truth. That daddy put the baby there, I DID NOT get specific though. I let her form her own conclusions. When the time comes, or when she asks, then we will discuss the "birds and the bees"...
    rune2319

Answer by rune2319 at 11:26 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• I think if they are old enough to ask they are old enough to hear the truth. I told my girls God gave women a place to urinate, a place to poop and a special place in the middle where Daddy's put babies, and where babies are born from. This seemed to satisfy them. If the questions became more graphic as they got older I told them the truth. Better they learn from me than on the street.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 3:05 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• I was "watching" (helping out) my sister when she was on bed rest with my niece and my sister was addicted to the "Baby Stories" t.v. show.My son went in the room to say hi to my sister and came out with a really weird look on his face.He asked me why a slimy looking baby came out of that ladies "koo chee" (vagina).I told him that was were babies came from.He said well how did it get there?Did his mom put him back in her tummy?I told him no.The baby was there already and that when he got a little older I would tell him how babies are made.He told me that he knew already.Babies were made of love and play dough because they are squishy and make funny smells.I just laughed and I left it at that.

elly25

Answer by elly25 at 6:08 PM on Jun. 12, 2009