Praying for Tillers soul

Does that sound to hypocritical? I detest what he did. I am not crying a river, but I do respect his life and his after life. Are any other Christians struggling with this? If we are to love the sinner shouldn't we be praying for God's mercy? He was a Christian man, or at least went to a Christian church. Don't we want to see our brother in heaven?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:27 PM on Jun. 8, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• yes i agree with you.. I want to see everyone in heaven.. Hell is a bad bad place and i dont want to see anyone go there.. We need to be praying for peoples souls you are so right :)
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 6:29 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• You are right, we do need to. God loves him as much as He loves anyone else,and doesn't want him to be in hell anymore than any of us. I struggle with this daily,with praying for Obama,as well. I don't approve of him,or anything he's doing,but I respect the office of President,and want the best for our country,so I pray for him,and the government everyday.
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 6:32 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• i hate what he did, and i hate what happened to him. but i believe that it is too late now to pray for mercy or grace for his soul. his body is dead, and his spirit must go on to live with whatever consequence it must. i would think that his spirit did not go to heaven, but i am not the judge here. i can say i really dont know for sure. we should pray for people while they are alive. pray that they would open themselves up to Gods truth (as we should pray for ourselves to do too). i know certain religions believe differently, and thats their business. this is just my own opinion.
    ivelostmyself

Answer by ivelostmyself at 7:00 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• Hate the sin - not the sinner.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 7:44 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• You know a few years ago I probably would have. I was a much more judgemental person then. I have gone through some experiences where God let me get to know people that were very different from me in their religious views. Some had made some really bad decisions in their lives and done some really sinful things. God showed me that their actions had affected them in a lot of bad ways and I saw them as victoms of those sins.
    Also I have to remember that if it weren't for God's grace I could have made the same bad decisions. We are all guilty of sin, I'm no better than anyone else.
    So now it is much easier for me to pray for people.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 8:09 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• Dr. Tiller was a wonderful man. To think that women who need late-term abortions are not torn up about it is just plain ignorant. Get yourself educated.

http://www.thestar.com/living/article/645830

http://www.feministe.us/blog/archives/2009/06/01/patients-remember-dr-tiller/
    DaniT

Answer by DaniT at 2:00 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• I find it very ironic that the only person who came on this thread and started showing hate, anger or anything but respect is the ONE person who is pro abortion. This thread was not about abortion but you seem to have a desire to spread hate and lash out at women who are showing respect to a man who did work they despise.

You added one more to my list in need of prayers. YOU need to educate YOURSELF on the so called pro choice. because i thought not believing abortions are moral is a choice. makes you hmmm
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:33 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• There was no hate spewed. Only fact. Only the ignorant see facts as hateful.

The truth hurts. Life hurts. Get a helmet, and exit your bubble.
    nobakecheezcake

Answer by nobakecheezcake at 9:41 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• Pro-choice does NOT mean pro-abortion. I wish people could grasp such a simple concept....I pray in the name of John Entwistle that people open more than one book for knowledge.
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 11:14 PM on Jun. 13, 2009