Why is it that unless I ask a political or other hot button questions I get no answers or only a couple?

I thought this site was to help and support moms, but when I'm looking for advice on foods to feed my baby, how to get my child to sleep longer, where to buy baby things, etc. (all just examples, not actual questions) I get 2-4 answers at MOST no matter what time I ask it.

But if I ask something about abortion, gay marriage, cereal in a bottle, FF car seats, circumcision, etc. it's like a stampede?

I get that people like drama, but people also like help so can we please start trying to help instead of looking for fights and drama???

Does anyone else feel this way?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:30 PM on Jun. 8, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Did you say something about abortion? I can't believe you........................

Ha ha! There are certain questions that get more attention, I think it depends on what mood people are in that day...But I would suggest The Childrens Place for baby clothing .... :D
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 6:35 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• I'm older mom and have 12 yr. old and 22 yr. old, my memory isn't too good but I do try to help with baby questions if I can. I actually love funny posts and questions the best.
    writeon

Answer by writeon at 6:37 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• I do feel the same way.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 6:46 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• OP here, I don't mind those other questions, but I don't see why all the legitimate questions (that actually have an answer to go along with them...not just purely opinions) get so ignored? I appreciate it so much when people respond to my questions and help me out with stuff.
    Anonymous

• I often won't bother answering if the question has been sufficiently answered. Those that seek opinions will always get more responses, but most of what you're asking here isn't a matter of opinion.

But also the board is busy. I'd go looking for your questions but you posted anon so I can't. Give you my take on your three examples:

wholesomebabyfoods.com...BEST source for baby food info.

Sleep? Heh heh hehe....what you do is irrelevant. They sleep longer when they sleep longer.

Baby things? I like Target.

Answer by gdiamante at 6:50 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• i think it could be because most advice only takes one or two moms to give. i mean, there are only so many ways to tell if baby is teething, you know? meanwhile everyone has an opinion on what everyone else thinks.
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 3:41 PM on Jun. 9, 2009