My husband wants another baby, although our daughter is only seven months. Am I being selfish if I don't want another child right now.

I am currently a 23 yr old SAHM. We are about to embark on another ministry opportunity and I am wanting to get back out in the workforce.

MrsJStearns

Asked by MrsJStearns at 6:36 PM on Jun. 8, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Medically your body needs 18 months to recover from the pregnancy. Even though it wasn't surgery, it was a major event on your body. I'd just tell him that you want to enjoy the time with your daughter and then maybe when she's 2, re-visit having another.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 6:38 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• I don't think you're being selfish at all. I waited til my daughter was 18 months old to get pregnant again. Tell him you want to enjoy your baby while she's a baby. It's a joint choice, if you want to wait awhile, he should respect that.
    sfwilson

Answer by sfwilson at 6:39 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• Not selfish at all. It has to be a decision you both make. It seems a little bit soon. Tell him you also want another, just not right NOW!
    Indygirl18

Answer by Indygirl18 at 6:41 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• No, not one bit. You both need to be in agreement. If you are not closing the door on the subject just make sure you tell him so but that you are not ready yet.
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 6:48 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• Your body takes two years to heal up from giving birth, so it would hurt your body to have a baby so soon. Men don't understand that giving birth isn't like spitting out sunflower seed shells and putting another one in. Your body goes through a terrible trauma when you give birth there is damage done to the pelvic area that takes time to heal. Tell him to hold his horses on another baby. It might have been fun for him, but he needs to take you in to consideration and let you heal up first. You aren't against having another baby you just need time to rest from the ordeal and to heal up, before you go through that again. Having a baby is a dangerous situation, men don't realize that.
    homealone_10

Answer by homealone_10 at 7:57 PM on Jun. 8, 2009