Do you leave a key outside or window unlocked?

I had to go to the store earlier so I got the kids ready and walked out into the driveway, reached in my pocket for my keys to unlock the car only realize that I left the on the kitchen table!! Here I am standing in the driveway with 2 kids and Im locked out of my house! Luckily my parents live across the street and have keys to my house, although my dad was the only one home and he was sleeping (he works nights) I had to climb through a bush and lift my DD up to knock on the bedroom window to wake him up.

I dont keep a key outside and I keep my house locked up tight but now I'm wondering if I should incase it happens again and neither of my parents are home. Do you have a key hidden outside?

Vsoul0608

Asked by Vsoul0608 at 6:38 PM on Jun. 8, 2009 in Just for Fun

• We have one outside but it's like going thru the house of "SAW" to get to it. No fake rocks here
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 6:41 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• normaly i all ways leave my house open , there is all ways some one going in and out. but bo i dont have a extra key
    aprilsalcro

Answer by aprilsalcro at 6:43 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• No because we haev a keypad for our garage door, so you just type in the code and door goes up.
    SherriPie

Answer by SherriPie at 6:45 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• I can't remember the last time I locked my front door. I can't even think of a reason to lock my door now that I think about it.. So glad I live where I do..
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 6:46 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• We have a keypad for the garage door too - but that just gets us into the garage. The door into the house is always locked when we leave - garage door code unscramblers are easy enough for theives to get.
    We do have a key hidden outside too. I agree about the fake rocks - don't use them and don't have the key hidden near the door.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 6:49 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• First off, if you have your parents accross the street with an extra set, that would work wouldn't it? Second, there are way higher tech ways to do that than to be unsafe like leaving keys around. Like Door keypads with numbers/letters on the door, and garage door, etc.
    bablondie

Answer by bablondie at 7:05 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• my doors are all pinpads..so i dont need keys..but at my last house i had one hidden..i also used to keep an extra one in my purse
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 7:07 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• When my oldest was 2 years old, he locked me out. I don't know how the lock got turned, but I know how the door got closed. Of course he couldn't turn the lock, so I had to crawl in the bathroom window. That was 23 years ago. We have had a key outside ever since then.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 7:12 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• I don't keep keys hidden outside, because I am a scaredy cat. When my husband leaves for fires for two weeks all I can think of is there is a key outside for someone to use to breakin so I keep everything locked and no spares laying around.
    Anonymous

• We dont ever lock our door....we live in the country...nobody around....glad we live where we do to....if i were you and couldnt leave the door unlocked i would keep an extra put only where i knew it was..
    2lilmom

Answer by 2lilmom at 7:43 PM on Jun. 8, 2009