2 diffrent due dates

Well i am a little confused...my doctor told me that my due date is Oct 14th 2009. then the doctor at the ER told me my due date is sep 23rd 2009. I have heard alot of bad things about my Doctor. Him and me always Bud heads. Dont they go by the First day of your last period? if that is the Case my due date is sep. 23rd . but how do i find out for sure. this is my First pregnancy. please help me....i am so confused

bibbymaus

Asked by bibbymaus at 6:44 PM on Jun. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Most will go by the first day of your last period based upon a 28 day cycle. Unfortunately most women do NOT have a 28 day cycle (mine is 37-38 days). The other due date could be based upon the measurements of the baby taken during the ultrasound.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 6:47 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• Switch your DR. YOu dont need the stress. YOu will be happy with another choice
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 6:52 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• They judge it by your period until they do an ultrasound and then they can tell better. It could be that he is going by an ultrasound and it is more accurate. If you don't like your doctor you should get a new one. You need to feel supported and happy... not butting heads all the time... congrats... take the epidural lol
    Jan0609momma

Answer by Jan0609momma at 6:53 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• Jademom07 is right. I had three due dates for my first baby and he ended up over two weeks past my last due date. Ultrasounds measure baby's growth and guess his age by rate of growth, A blood test can sometimes be done to more pinpoint conception.
    Anonymous

• It might be a good idea for you to find a new physician if you don't get along with the one you have. It will be harder for you to have a positive birth experience with a man/ woman who you don't really like or trust.

Additionally, I agree with Jademom07. If I went off the doctors method (first day of your last period, that is based off a 28 day cycle where ovulation happens on day 14 NOTE: pregnancy "starts" 2 weeks before conception as your body is getting ready for pregnancy) than my due date would be Jan 23rd. However, because I chart my cycles I know that conception was far more likely on the 7th of May putting my due date closer to Jan 28th. Yet we must keep in mind that some babies go over 40 weeks (actual time) because they need to develop longer!
    hillmom

Answer by hillmom at 6:54 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• I think that you need to switch Dr's because that one sounds a lil unprofessional....Usually when you go in for your four or five month ultrasound and they measure the baby's body they can come up with a more accurate due date because I am due October 17....But yes def switch Dr.'s if you can. Hope that this helps!
    DYMOND24

Answer by DYMOND24 at 6:56 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• You Do need to switch your doctor, it helps alot i was with one i didn't trust ether and it's so much better when you switch. Visit a few and ask all the questions you want the one that makes you feel the best and most relaxed is the winner. Pregnancy is all about you and the baby and what makes you comfortable! The less extra stress the better!

I have 6 different due dates but i go by the one my ER doc told me when i was first pregnant. Were just hoping for october lol. But at this point it doesn't matter to much anyway, the baby will come when IT wants to. The farther along you are the less accurate the due dates will be (due to a ultrasound) babies grow and for at different rates we just have a general idea of what rate they should progress. Babies do what they want. Go with what YOUR most comfortable with and you'll feel alot better. Good luck! I wish you both the best!
    Mrshood09

Answer by Mrshood09 at 7:41 PM on Jun. 8, 2009