What is the most annoying thing to you about going to a public library?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:47 PM on Jun. 8, 2009 in About CafeMom

• For me it's having to drive to it. I hate driving.
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 6:48 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• Having to return the books on time... and late fees when I inevitably don't. I'm just not together enough to avoid it.

That's the library's least favorite thing about me, as well. LOL
    Collinsky

Answer by Collinsky at 6:50 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• I use to go to use the computer and there is always this guy that sits there talking to himself about baby rapers. Its sick. Mind you I had a baby with me each and every time. Any time I saw him I left. He was a creeper.
    LucasMama08

Answer by LucasMama08 at 6:53 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• Finding the dang book on the shelf! The adult sections aren't so bad the the kid's section is a nightmare. You can't just go to the shelf, find the author and find the book. You have to search at least a 6 foot area around the author and even then you still may not find it.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 6:55 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• Unsupervised kids bouncing off the walls. Besides that --- nothing.

I LOVE the library and, being homeschoolers, we spend a LOT of time there. Free internet, can sit there all day reading & working on projects, genealogy dept, free classes, book clubs, free programs for the kids ---- it's great!

We'll be hitting the library twice a week all summer long for free programs for the kids. Video game tournamants, crafts, movies, magic shows, lectures from state park rangers... love it.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 6:55 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• Parents not supervising their kids. Libraries are meant to be quiet places. There are kid sections for a reason.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 6:57 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• The noise!! More so the adults...or the stupid teenagers. Screaming and cursing...its crazy!
    Anonymous

• The bored security guards eying you like a hawk because their job is boring and they have nothing better else to do. I remember one time my cell went off {ok I forgot to turn it on silent geez} and the security guard was at my side in a hot second. I said some rude remarks because she was like you need to blah blah blah I was like bitch I know damn give me time.
    diamondmamma

Answer by diamondmamma at 7:07 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• All the homeless people hanging around outside smoking. UGH.
    guitarlove

Answer by guitarlove at 7:15 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• All the cell phone users! And those who have the headphones on playing the music too loud.
    Anonymous