What do i do?

My daughter is 13mths she is not waliking or crawling yet..i need some advice on how to get her motivated. Should i leave her one her belly part of the day and then in the walker? She wont stay on her belly long b/c she likes sitting up now. Also she will only eat pureed food if i give her anything thicker she gags and trows up. Although i havent tried in a week or so. Recently she wont even eat the pureed food you have to make her like put some in her mouth so she can taste it and then she will start eating and i can only get her to do that like once a day. She just got her 1st tooth in could this have something to do with it? Or is she trying to say she is ready for "adult" food now. Also she will not sleep through the night im going to start a new routine tonight and see how it goes but if any suggestions let me know. Please!!!

2lilmom

Asked by 2lilmom at 6:58 PM on Jun. 8, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• It's hard to judge one kid by another...each develops on their own. I was an early walker, my sister however, wouldn't walk until she wasalmost 18 months. Just leave her on the floor, she will when she's ready (oh and if you always take her where she wants to go, in her mind, what's the point of walking, someone will take me there). As for the food, I ended up pureeing whatever we ate as ours didn't like baby food. As for nighttime, we always did bath, book, teeth/gums, then bed, NO exceptions. Is she still in a crib? If so, let her cry for 5 minutes, then check on her to calm (don't pick up) then leave for 10 minutes then check (only if crying), then leave and check 15 minutes later always increasing the length by 5 minutes.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 7:05 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• i would personally mention it to her dr. and get their opinion of it
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 7:10 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• If she is not crawling yet, I would have her evaluated by early intervention and definately talk to her doctor about it.
    mandamitch

Answer by mandamitch at 7:21 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• I would set up an appt with the pedi and voice my concerns. If I didnt get any helpful info, I would see another pedi.
    Love2BMommy77

Answer by Love2BMommy77 at 8:04 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• Just keep trying with the food! My son has always loved food and he was eating adult foods cut up really small by like 9 mos. They have the 3rd stage baby foods with little chunks in them you could try. Bananas and green beans are good adult foods to start out with because they can mush them with their gums really easily. Good luck!
    juliagoolia0208

Answer by juliagoolia0208 at 11:41 PM on Jun. 8, 2009