what do you think of my kid can read program ?

hey i just had a question what do you think or have you tryed my baby can read program ? if so then what were your results and do you recomend it ? i have a 9mnth old

nanysmommy

Asked by nanysmommy at 7:02 PM on Jun. 8, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I want to try it but its so expensive, especially if it doesn't work.
    Anonymous

• i wanted to try it too-but thats a lot of money to spend if it doesnt work.
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 7:05 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• i know thats why i was hoping some one here had tryed it and had a neg or posive report on it :(
    nanysmommy

Answer by nanysmommy at 7:24 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• As a reading specialist by profession, I think it is a BIG WASTE of MONEY! Do you want to give your baby a head start on learning to read? Read to your baby everyday, and then read to them some more! Don't just read as part of the bedtime routine, read to baby several times a day. Talk about the pictures in the book. Talk to your baby during the day. Sing to your baby. Get a CD with nursery rhymes and sing along with it to your baby. Put your baby in the sandbox to dig. Give them blocks to build with.

maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 11:44 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• I personally think it's a horrible thing. Why would you want to force your child to grow up so fast? Enjoy the time you have with the silence before they start talking! I learned to read at age 3. In my day that was early. I understand that it would be cool to see your child learning so much, but I just don't agree with things like this. Teaching your baby sign language and teaching them to speak two different languages like Spanish/English at the same time is pretty cool. I plan on teaching my son how to read by the time he's 2.5 or 3. No sooner, and hopefully no later.
    HisMommy414

Answer by HisMommy414 at 4:42 AM on Jun. 9, 2009