Daycare fire that kills several children...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/8086690.stm

i always thought i was completely desensitized to all the horrors of the news.. and more.

but this, this hurt. this made me cry.

this is so sad, and my condolences to all the grieving mothers/families who lost their child(ren).

this also makes me angry... whatever news channel i was watching at the time said, there were hardly any windows, and one entry way. they had to ram through the walls with their vehicles..

the image of the crib that a one year old was trapped in, is forever engraved in my memory. a crib... -___-.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:31 PM on Jun. 8, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• what a horrible way to for anyone... esp a child, to die.
    Anonymous

• I want to know why some of the so-called care givers were sleeping on the job! Nap time is for the kids, not the people we hire to watch our little ones!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20090606/ts_afp/mexicofirechildren
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 7:34 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• that just pisses me off even more!

-OP
    Anonymous

• The Mexican agency that governs these day cares also says the facility was inspected less than two months ago, and passed standards.

Answer by gdiamante at 7:45 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• Sad story indeed. I was listening to the news and it's just tragic. The pain those poor kids must have felt..how scared they were.
    They certainly have different safety standards than most of us are use to.
    JackalsWife

Answer by JackalsWife at 7:58 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• Nap time is for the kids, not the people we hire to watch our little ones!

seriously i think this tragedy occurred during siesta time! it's a common practice in mexico. slightly different way of doing things there than here.
    Anonymous

• unfortunately the standards for mexicans is not the same standard thing here. also when a fire ball comes in your bond to have fatalities. unfortunately this killed so many and it didn't have to be that way if only they had better standards and had more then one entry way out. their walls are made of poor brick and you can't just chop away at those buildings like you can here. it's sooooo sad. i would never want anyone to suffer and die that way. mexico has so much to do to get it right but the leaders are so greedy and don't care what happens to those people. just like when they found out mexico had the biggest oil and gas supply. leaders made money but let the country suffer. i love mexico though. super friendly people and their culture.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 9:17 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• I have avoided watching this... it turns my gut too much.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 9:54 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• just one more reason why i HATE mexico
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:06 AM on Jun. 9, 2009