So now my son is 10 months old...

And I am CLUELESS as to what I should be feeding him for Lunch and Dinner...

He is sick of Gerber foods, and doesn't really like little chuncks of hot dogs.
I need to make a shopping list, any ideas?

Help Mommas!

xandersmama22

Asked by xandersmama22 at 7:39 PM on Jun. 8, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Get a little Kitchen Aid grinder and grind up whatever the rest of the family is having. He needs to get used to your cooking and way of seasoning if he is going to be expected to eat what you make when he's a toddler.
    QVC makes a cute one I used. Item # K89720
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 7:43 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• We're going through that too, at 8 months. It's driving me crazy.

Many key foods she is eating:

black beans
    green beans
    sweet potatoes (microwaved to be cooked and then cut into small pieces)
    red potatoes (same as sweet)
    cottage cheese
    pasta (you can find ones that are really small or just cut up bigger pieces)
    tofu

and then everyday when I make my dh and I lunch/dinner I try to see if there is anything I think she can eat and then I'll try it out with her. If it works then I'll add it to the list. Sorry we haven't really gotten into the meats, but I hope this helps.
    julipickle2

Answer by julipickle2 at 8:07 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• If your baby has teeth, then there are fewer worries than you should really think. My son was eating table food at 9 months. That was all he wanted. He saw that we were eating, and wanted to eat, too. There is no real shopping list, in my experience, but if you just chew up your food as you are eating, then give him whole milk, he is doing just fine. You can grind it in a grinder, too, if you are fortunate enough to have one. I would try chicken, seems that kids just love that, and green beans and peas. My son loves vegetables because i would feed him off my plate, and he can hold his own green bean....
    samanthaevans

Answer by samanthaevans at 10:02 PM on Jun. 8, 2009