when do i start milk?

my daughter will be a year next month. when and how do i get her on milk? do i warm it up or no?

youngandafraid

Asked by youngandafraid at 7:41 PM on Jun. 8, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i weaned my daughter off slowly about a week before she turned 1. she drank 6 ozs of formula so i put 2 ozs of milk and 4 ozs of formula for a week, then a week later increased the milk by another 2 ozs, etc. it worked really well for her. i only warmed it up for her night feeding.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 7:43 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• My daughter will be one in two weeks. I give her a splash of milk in a sippy cup along with water. I will slowly add more milk and less water, until she is drinking straight milk. The bottles and the formula will "disappear" at the same time (well, except for the morning and bedtime bottle)! So far so good...
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 8:06 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• she was off the bottle at 6 months, since then has been a sippy cup =)
    youngandafraid

Answer by youngandafraid at 8:26 PM on Jun. 8, 2009