what is the best way to quit smoking while pregnant

okay before i found i was prego i was up to almost 2 pack a day and now i down to 1 lasting me a day to a day in half and what are the chance of it affect the baby i have know several people that have smoke durning there pregnancy the baby was fine can any please help me i know i need to quit so i have slack off alot on smoking i want to quit i dont know what to do
thanks for your help

mommy2be5132009

Asked by mommy2be5132009 at 7:43 PM on Jun. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• cold turkey. throw away every cigarette in your house so you won't be tempted. i was a smoker too so i know how you feel but just do it cold turkey and after a few days you won't even have the urge
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 7:52 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• talk to your doctor, he will probably tell you what might happen if you don't...you need to think of the baby, that should be drive enough. It will be hard, but think of that little one inside you. G/l!
    Ambie0526

Answer by Ambie0526 at 8:30 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• talk to your doctor first about quitting he/she might be able to help you with it . If not go to the health food store there is a quit smoking coctail called smoke ezthat can help you but you want to make sure that it is safe for the baby. Babies of mothers who smoke are known to be low birth weight, and die more easily from SIDS.
    homealone_10

Answer by homealone_10 at 8:33 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• also babies of mothers who smoke have a higher chance of athsma and ADD and ADHD!
    good luck, I hope you succeed!
    Anonymous

• Not that i disagree with the other posts but i did quit cold turkey with my last 2 pregnancies and have so far with this one (3 weeks so far) but i started back up a few months before my last 2 were born and they came out okay. I quit mostly because i was pregnant but also because i was so sick i couldn't stand the taste or smell. Now that i have gone 3 weeks without it i am hoping i can keep with it and not start again after this baby is born. My suggestion is try to cut down more and then stop all together, the first 2 days are the worst because it takes 48 hours for the nicotine to get out of your system after that you should be fine and the smell may even make you sick. Hope this helps a little. Good luck and just don't give up. Think of the baby, that's why i quit this last time :)
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 10:21 PM on Jun. 8, 2009