Jews?

I am still learning about a lot of things in the bible. One thing I haven't found or learned is about Jews. Why are Jews so different from Christians? They don't believe in Jesus, right? Why is that? Wasn't Jesus a Jew himself? Is being Jewish a bad thing? My husband asked me these questions earlier and I had no idea what answer to give him.

ReneeK3

Asked by ReneeK3 at 3:07 PM on Jun. 21, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• Yes, Jesus was a Jew. The Jewish people were his "chosen" people. Those were the people he came to save, but since the jewish people rejected him and salvation, jesus opened salvation up to the gentiles. Gentiles are anyone who is not a jew.

Jewish people are different cause they don't believe that Jesus was the comming Messiah. They are still waiting and doing the old testament customs. As a christian we belive that Jesus was the messiah and that we are saved through him. I am sure as you read your Bible you will see where the Jews rejected Jesus, they are the ones that crucified him.
    amy1611

Answer by amy1611 at 3:24 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• Also it was always prophesied that the jews would reject Jesus. Jesus knew this from the beginning. But since the jews rejected him, it opened up salvation to us!! :)
    amy1611

Answer by amy1611 at 3:26 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• Glad you are asking questions ..that leads to learning. I am not jewish soo I can only give ya an outsiders view. Jews do recognize Jesus...they just don't believe in him as a Savior ..or the son of God. From what i understand..They believe that he was a prophet. Yes Jesus was a Jew. But...They are still waiting for their "savior" to come. Read Luke 4:16-24. Jesus states in part ..."Prophets are never welcomed in their hometown." Asking "is being Jewish a bad thing" ..I cannot answer for I am not Jewish. I am sure if you ask a christian..is being a christian a bad thing..they would say No. If you ask an atheist if being a christian is a bad thing ..most would say yes. If you really want to know and understand the plight of the Jews ..visit  the Holocaust Museum in Washington D.C. No other religion has suffered such horrific acts against man.
    MommasCooCoo

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 3:29 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• If ya want to ponder even more questions about the jewish people...check out a religous movement called..jews for jesus.
    MommasCooCoo

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 3:31 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• Hello? The Old Testament IS the Jews Bible and the Jew's ARE God's chosen people not WERE. Being ANY religion over another is NOT a nad thing. Different people all have different belief's
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 3:40 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• Jews just do not believe Jesus was the Christ, while Christians do. Therefore, the whole second half of the Bible is only for Christians. Jews only read the Old Testament called the Torah.

Jesus changed a LOT, everything really was changed when he came into the picture, so the religions are vastly different.

One example is sacrifice- Jews still sacrifice lambs on passover. But Jesus was the sacrifice for our sins, and Christians no longer sacrifice animals.
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 4:18 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• Judaism existed long before Christianity, so Jesus is not a point of reference in the Jewish religion and we don't "recognize" him in any way. Jesus rejected our religion; we did not reject him and he plays no role in our religion. We do not believe he is the Messiah. Jews DO NOT sacrifice lambs or any other animals on Passover or any other holidays. The Romans crucified Jesus; we don't practice crucifixion. This is not the place for a long discussion on Judaism, so please take your concerns to Religious Debate or some group like that.
    nell_brinkley

Answer by nell_brinkley at 6:45 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• Being Jewish is wonderful!! We have one G-d! We love our families and take care of each other just like any other religion. We have holidays that are important and family is number one priorty..Read up about us, Don't be Naive...
    purplemara3

Answer by purplemara3 at 8:05 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• Where are you from?
    purplemara3

Answer by purplemara3 at 8:06 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• Jesus was a heretic. It's quite amazing that people came along after his death and made a new religion out of him.

As Jews, we follow all the laws in the Old testament. We have the Oral tradition which is written in the mishna and talmud which tells us how to do everything.

yael375

Answer by yael375 at 5:15 AM on Jun. 23, 2008