• In the Spotlight:

MIL problems.. :(

lets start with that i live with my mil and she is very nice to us for that.. but she always mentions how i should give my son water and rice cearel and i dont wanna ... first of all the water can give him water intoxication.. and i dont want him havin the rice til at least 3-4 months.. well shes suggests stuff and then says well ur the mom you'll do what u want.. and i say yeppers... then she repeats and reapeats herself like if i keep hearing it i'll do it.. and i get upset my dh said just to let it go and dont pay her no mind but im home all day with her ... and im afraid once i go back to work and she watches him she wont listen to me.. what do i do?

1sttymmom409

Asked by 1sttymmom409 at 8:04 PM on Jun. 8, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Move out.
    soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 8:10 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• Dont give him water!!!! It can cause an electrolyte imbalance that can trigger siezures, or coma. Do not give him water til he is eating solids. Which will start around 4-6 months. My mother and mothers of past generations give this advise. Don't listen. You are right. Search it on the internet or in your baby books. Water is not good!!!! my mil gave it to my 8 week old and I flipped!!!!1
    mommamolly194

Answer by mommamolly194 at 8:22 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• have you man sit down and talk with her, and tell her that you and him are the parents and you guys are going to make the decisions, if she has a problem with that then maybe you guys should move out or find someone else to babysit. g/l!
    Ambie0526

Answer by Ambie0526 at 8:24 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• print out an article on why you should not give babies water and leave it on the table for her to read.
    staceynoel

Answer by staceynoel at 8:27 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• I'd say move out.
    BambiF

Answer by BambiF at 8:59 PM on Jun. 8, 2009