How do I get my 9 month old to stop biting?

My son is 9 month old and he has 7 teeth and WILL NOT stop biting us. Those teeth are pretty sharp and hurt pretty bad. I am not sure what to do but I know I need to do something. I am not willing to spank him or bite him back. I don't believe we should teach of children not to be violent by being violent towards them if you know what I mean. Does anyone out there have any suggestions? I could really use some help.

youngmommi2be

Asked by youngmommi2be at 8:18 PM on Jun. 8, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I heard you are supposed to say "NO" really loudly and then redirect them. My dd had 2 teeth when I was still breastfeeding and she bit me once. I yelled "OW! no!" and took her off of it and luckily she never did it again. Even though, they don't really understand what you are saying I would say "That hurts mommy/daddy" after you say "NO!" And of course, redirect or remove them from the situation (like put him down if you are holding him). Good luck.
    Indygirl18

Answer by Indygirl18 at 8:45 PM on Jun. 8, 2009