is ti ok for my 2 month old baby to eat baby food

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:23 PM on Jun. 8, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• no 4 months is the earliest and what is recommended.
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 8:24 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• i got a lot of shit about this whenever i posted that i fed my 2 month old baby food..
    but yeah i think its fine. my daughter is 2.5 months and shes been on rice cereal since 5 weeks and i started her on pears stage 1 at 9 weeks. after pears i gave her apples, and next week we're starting peaches. make sure its stage 1 though with no chunks because their throats are very little. she does fine though, shes very healthy and at a great weight for her age, not too heavy not too light! perfect! she's so alert all the time too. shes perfect.. but yeah girl do it if you want to.. its not gonna kill them. i think mothers stick too much to "the book" rather than just trusting their own instincts. my baby girl is wonderful, shes doing soo well. i'm sure your baby would be just as fine! good luck hun! =]
    psylees_mommy

Answer by psylees_mommy at 8:27 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• No!! Their tummy is not ready to handle anything but breast milk or formula!!
    Anonymous

• most doctors recommend that you wait until about 5 months but i started with my son at about 3 months and he is doing fine. but it is still very important to make sure baby is still getting the right amount of formula/breastmilk a day as well.
    youngmommi2be

Answer by youngmommi2be at 8:28 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• anon, EVERY BABY IS DIFFERENT! some babies have trouble with food that early, some don't. OBVIOUSLY, MY LITTLE GIRL IS EATING BABY FOOD AND SHE LOVES IT, SHE'S DOING GREAT! she never spits up or anything even.
    psylees_mommy

Answer by psylees_mommy at 8:29 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• It's sort of like asking if it's OK to have a c-section at seven months because you're huge as a house and the baby HAS to be big enough by now.

There are things going on INSIDE that you CANNOT see. Moms who start solids too soon may NEVER see any ill effects...but their children are too likely to feel it years down the line.

LOADS of time to start solids. Don't rush it.

Answer by gdiamante at 8:32 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• Not safe at all. It doesn't matter whose baby had food at 2 months and is "fine." Ask your pediatrician if you need more convincing.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 8:35 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• Oh for God's sake. What are their children going to feel years down the line? It's not like they're shoving hamburgers down their throats.
    If you're baby is fine with it, do it. If not, than wait. How much more simple can it get?
    I've put rice cereal in my baby's bottle since she was 3 weeks and she does great. She's fuller longer and doesn't spit up, doesn't get an upset tummy, nothing.
    It need to be the parents' judgement. If they see the baby's having trouble or is sick, than STOP!
    jmpeskie

Answer by jmpeskie at 8:39 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• jmpeskie .. EXACTLY!!!
    psylees_mommy

Answer by psylees_mommy at 8:42 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• From my understanding, it can cause damage to their digestive systems. You should ask your doctor what damage it could cause.
    Why do you think you should start now? I'm not trying to be rude, I'm just curious why you'd like to start now.
    My doctor says 6 months.
    BambiF

Answer by BambiF at 8:57 PM on Jun. 8, 2009