why do teenagers change boyfriends and girlfriends like changing clothes ?

my daughter and her friends swap and change boyfriends like crazy, one day its one guy , next day its another guy.........whats up with that

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:25 PM on Jun. 8, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• Why not? They are teens, they are not adults and they are not only learning what they want in a mate but who they are. I don't see why that's even a question.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:47 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• They are not emotionally ready to make a committment to one person. They are KIDS not adults.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:47 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• lol so many adults do that too. too bad it happens mostly in adulthood where we all should known better for our own selfrespect.
    Anonymous

• Agreed w/ Sabrina.

I was a loner in highschool I met my hubby in sixth grade.
    But... alot of my friends dated everyone in our graduating class it seemed like
    kframpton

Answer by kframpton at 10:07 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• I agree that they are too young to be getting into long term relationships and this is their way of seeing what type of qualities they want in a person. I hope my dd (freshman) will date a few different people when we allow it, although she has been talking to one specific boy for over a year. Waiting 'till she gets bored with it!
    dflygirl7

Answer by dflygirl7 at 7:22 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• This is the way it is supposed to be. Kids are supposed to expand out so they see and learn about different personalities and what is out there. I personally wouldnt want my teenager to date only one person throughout high school. They are missing out when they don't get out there and see the options.
    Anonymous

• well be thankful there are not getting to seriuos they are VERY YOUNG! i would be concerned if she was having sex? perhaps it time to sit and talk with your daughter, find out what kids are thiking these day's? why they go through so many guys? what they think is cute ect... you have to think like a teen to understand a teen, it may be harmless then again it could be trouble, sit and talk with your daughter, find out how serious she is about thses guy's? infact get ready for the talk if you haven't already?
    mememommie

Answer by mememommie at 2:49 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• This is definitely preferable to a serious relationship at this age.Just make sure that you have had the banana and condom talk...

Answer by rkoloms at 3:23 PM on Jun. 12, 2009