Does this sound okay?

It's my break up e-mail. I hope it does because I already sent it but I haven't got a response...I think that's how it's suppose to work anyways. He was never here with me and would always shut me out. We have been together for a couple of years and out of all that time, we have only spent like a year of it together.

"I get the point that you do not want to be with me or you would be with me. Whether you have issues or not...you are where you want to be and obviously you want to be left alone...I am just sorry that it took me so long to understand what you have been trying to tell me this whole time through your actions and words. You won't ever have to see me or hear from me again.

Sorry for bothering you.

Love Always"

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:35 PM on Jun. 8, 2009 in Relationships

• Sounds bitter. Try to make it sound like its wasn't your fault or his. and that your happy to move one and life is great for you.
    soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 8:38 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• nevermind. I just saw that you already sent it.
    soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 8:39 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• I guess it sounds fine, but why are you breaking up with him in an email when you guys have been together for so long?? His he avoiding your calls or refusing to see you??
    HisMommySince07

Answer by HisMommySince07 at 8:39 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• Yes he is. I haven't heard from him or seen him the past 4 days so yesterday I stopped by and he was just cold towards me. He told me he did it on purpose so I would leave but that he still wanted to be with me.
    Anonymous

• well in that case then yeah, it's short && to the point && not overly emotional. sounds like you are doing the right thing just from hearing how he acted in this one instance, the way he acted was very immature. If he has some issues with you he should try to talk to you about it instead of just ignoring you. so good for you.
    HisMommySince07

Answer by HisMommySince07 at 8:51 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• i would of just let him stay away and turned him away when he should up. your right though he's just not that into and never was. i fear by you leaving that letter he might feel he can at least show up for a booty call cause it's obvious you have feelings for him still especially with love always. i know you do have feelings still for him but if you could of left the ltr lacking feeling then he would move on easier.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 8:56 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• The bad part was I wasn't even a booty call...he never just shows up...everything had to be planned and a lot of the times, he didn't keep them.
    Anonymous

• That's sad. At first I was going to give you a little crap for emailing, but I'm surprized you even did that! A guy who won't even come over isn't worth anything. Just don't take this guy back when he comes over after a week of being ignored by you! Erase his number and be proud you dropped this guy!
    mrs_pulley

Answer by mrs_pulley at 9:38 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• It sounds fine to me considering the circumstances. I'd not wait around on a response though. He's probably, based on how you say he treated you, glad that you finally did what he didn't have the balls to do and he probably won't write you back or call or anything. Based on what you said, he's a jerk and you're better off without him. Don't wait for an e-mail; go out and have some fun!
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 9:47 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• My only critique is I wouldnt have said "love always" because you wont always love him you'll find somethin better and he doesnt deserve your love!! I would have finished with "all the best" and would really have to control myself from calling him a dumb ass!! On to better sweetie!!
    ormom1977

Answer by ormom1977 at 10:04 PM on Jun. 8, 2009