Asking for a little advice please...

I've had a friend since elementary school. We are both now 29 yrs old. We both have families and speak about 3 times a week. We see each other about once a month but here's the story, since she was 17 she has been with the father of her two sons. He has 7 kids with different women but has had 2 kids with 2 differnt women while they were together and she STILL stays with him. Yesterday she called me screaming and I thought someone had died. She could barely speak. So she finally TEXTS me saying that one of his previous "baby mother's" was 8 months pregnant. I said what? come again... But she confronted him and he apologized and she is taking him back. She hasn't told me that she is getting back together with him because she is embarrassed but from conversation I can see where it's going. What should I say? Do I just mind my business or does a true friend ask her what the hell is wrong with her??

Thanks for your advice..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:40 PM on Jun. 8, 2009 in Relationships

• ummm, yeah a true friend would ask her what the hell is wrong with her. make her understand that she can do soooo much better.
    HisMommySince07

Answer by HisMommySince07 at 8:42 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• Try and talk sense into her, more than likely she's gonna take offense to it..you can keep trying, but eventually if she doesn't wise up you will have to just let it go and leave her alone
    Ambie0526

Answer by Ambie0526 at 8:55 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• it's her life. She knows what he's like and she has to make her own decisions. She knows her options. Just be there as a friend. It doesn't hurt to REMIND her she has options though!

Answer by admckenzie at 8:57 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• tell her if it hasn't changed by now it will never change. after all whats different now then before. nothing accept other chic pregnant. also i don't understand why all these women including your friend are getting pregnant by this man. best luck she needs to just leave him. she is being played a fool and never being truly loved.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 8:59 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• She says he will be out of the kids life if she leaves him and he wont help with the bills. She has a million excuses as why not to leave. It's driving me insane that some one can be so "forgiving"
    Anonymous

• I would be blunt with her...i finally had to be with my SO when he was dating his ex...i finally told him without sugar coating it..that he kept going back or putting up with her BS than he needed to MAN up and shut up..your choice to stay so i dont wanna hear it ne more when she pisses you off again. and i dont feel like being there for you to lean on..this has gone on tooo long and its ALWAYS the same story..NEVER any different...so like it and stay or F it and Leave!!! YOUR CHOICE!! she may get upset...but u dont need the stress..my mom got an ulcer stressing over her bestfriend and her drama...
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 9:18 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• once a cheater always a cheater...he isnt any good...that is b/s that she took him back, why would you want your kids in that enviorment....oh here is your new lil brother,
    Mamaof2boys0709

Answer by Mamaof2boys0709 at 9:23 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• There is a point where you have to look at someone and say "look, you're my friend but this goes beyond making bad choices. You are chosing a life that I can't support and I can't be there for you anymore." It sucks to lose a friend, but that is ridiculous. I mean, stand by the people you care about, but this should be handled like an addiction; love the person, hate their actions and cut them out of your life until they're ready to change. She needs to grow up a lot and you aren't her momma.
    mrs_pulley

Answer by mrs_pulley at 9:26 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• Mrs pulley is very wise!! Listen to her advice...its like you are enabling a drug addict, this girl needs a harsh intervention. If she were my friend I would tell her how much Iove her and I will be there for her when she loses the loser. Harsh yes but life is. There are so many single mommies out there and options for them.
    ormom1977

Answer by ormom1977 at 9:39 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• Jerry springer?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:14 AM on Jun. 9, 2009