Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

ajax ingestion

my dumb dumb husband put in under the counter and my 13 month old got a hold of it,by the time I got to her she had it al over her shirt and all in her mouth, she was gagging on it. I called the poison control center and they said she'd be fine but have stomach problems which she has already threw up one time and it was the texture of soap. I'm just worried cause she feel asleep sitting up and i had to hold her up tp wake her, it happened around 30 mins ago.

Answer Question

Asked by kenedygrace06 at 8:42 PM on Jun. 8, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

Level 1 (2 Credits)
Answers (3)
  • If you are worried take her to urgent care or the ER. Tell them what poison control said and what she has done since.

    Answer by kaycee14 at 8:46 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

  • Personally I would still take her to the doctor and get her checked out. They can physically see her and whats wrong and they can give you a more definitive answer and tell you if she will be ok. They can also pump her stomach if need be. You cannot do that at home. I hope she's ok!

    Answer by innocencexinxme at 8:46 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

  • I would take her to the ER. Most of the time poison control knows what they're talking about but they may not know the exact circumstance. Maybe she got more than they think or something. I would go in if it were me. They've told me when I've called Poison control that if something changed or I was concerned to call them back.

    Answer by AprilDJC at 9:28 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.