Am I too old for him?

He is 19 and I am 25 with a 6 year old.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:46 PM on Jun. 8, 2009 in Relationships

• Don't do it girl!
    Anonymous

• It's up to you...but it might be..he might not be mature enough, but you know better than us so go with your gut instinct.
    Ambie0526

Answer by Ambie0526 at 8:49 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• Yes you are too old for him, men tend to be very childish at that age. Look at it this way, he was 13 when your child was born. Youd be better off finding a man who has been an adult for a few years.
    Anonymous

• you asked this before and we said go for it. It's not marriage, it's just dating. Do it and see how it goes.
    Anonymous

• my husband and i are both 6 yrs difference. although he wasn't 19 when we met. if your not looking for more then just to sleep around and have a relationship but not marriage material then go for it but if you want more from him wait for him to grow up. he is toooooooooo young.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 8:52 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• Please REALLY think about this. Don't make the same mistakes I did. It's seems so dreamy in the beginning. I know. You also cannot have men in and out of your daughters life. This guy is too young and will not stick around. He'll use you up and move on to the next woman. Please trust me. I am speaking from experience!
    Anonymous

• my SO came from a relationship JUST LIKE THAT!! kid and all..they wouldve been fine, because hes just mature like that...but she always threw it in his face when he commented on how she handled her money and what not, it was always ive been around longer than you i know what im doing..SHE DIDNT shes horrible at handling the house and finances...soo id be careful...its possible..but id try to make sure hes ready to have a ready made family..
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 9:16 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• look, I know some people would say otherwise, but my brother is a 19 year old. Unless this guy really really really has his stuff together, you don't want to touch that with a pole. My brother doesn't know how to treat a girl, has no knowledge of the real world, is happy to still act like a little boy and shirks any responsibility. I really can't belive that a guy who is a kid himself (19 for a guy is like 15 for a girl!) can handle this. He probably doesn't even know what he wants to be when he grows up- let the guy get through college and then see what he's made of.
    mrs_pulley

Answer by mrs_pulley at 9:22 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• If you didn't have a kid, I'd say go for it, age really isn't that big a deal. But you have a kid, and no matter how careful you are, there is that chance still that your child could get hurt by it if it doesn't work out. Plus, he could think he wants to do the readymade family thing, and then discover he doesn't really. I wouldn't do it.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 9:34 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• well id say no.. i was 19 and my ex was 29.. and we have a baby..
    sunshinebaby209

Answer by sunshinebaby209 at 9:47 PM on Jun. 8, 2009