Does anyone abhor the abrev. DD and DS and DH etc.?

truthteller0722

Asked by truthteller0722 at 8:53 PM on Jun. 8, 2009 in About CafeMom

• DD=dear daughter DS=dear son DH=dear husband

&& yes I don't like them either, I don't actually call my son, dear son lol

I get that they save room && it's less to type, but I choose not to use them. I do use SO for significant other though
    HisMommySince07

Answer by HisMommySince07 at 8:58 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• I wish someone would tell me what they mean! Its been asked a few times, but I still haven't seen the answer. What is a DD, DS or DH?
    jj.mominmd

Answer by jj.mominmd at 8:55 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• Feel free to type them out ladies. I however will continue to use them to save time. I would much prefer to save keystrokes and use my time to look for typos in my own posts.
    Anonymous

• I feel the same way HisMommy! I would never say, where is my dear son? I think it sounds rudiculous, although he is VERY dear to me. I type as I would speak!
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 9:32 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• no, but I'm usually not referring to the word "dear" in my abv. D usually means Damn
    luvschocolate

Answer by luvschocolate at 10:27 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• LOL!!!luvschocolate, you may get bashed for that answer! but I think it's funny, i know you are joking!!
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 12:55 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• I'm not big on abbreviations as a rule, but the one that bugs me the most is "KWIM". (Know what I mean?) I don't know why that one bothers me so much, but it does.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 9:26 AM on Jun. 9, 2009