IS IT TRUE????

Some old folks say that when you are trying to conceive. Women on their backs brings girls and men on their backs bring boys. Has anyone heard this before???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:53 PM on Jun. 8, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• I tried for a boy and had a girl instead and I was missionary at the time, so it could be an old wives tale.
    mommynainai

Answer by mommynainai at 8:15 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• I heard the one about the females on back but heard doggy style brings boys.

Answer by admckenzie at 8:54 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• I've heard it, but it's just an old wives tale. The sperm that fertilizes the egg is the only deciding factor on that, depends what chromosome it's carrying, x or y.
    HisMommySince07

Answer by HisMommySince07 at 8:55 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• I've also heard that if you concieve before you ovulate it will be a boy and after then it will be a girl or something like that..but i don't know..i don't really believe it but who knows...
    Ambie0526

Answer by Ambie0526 at 8:57 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• the only sure fire way to know the sex of the baby is to have it. ultrasounds, amnio, drs. guesses - they all been randomly wrong before for different ones of us.
    Anonymous

• I have heard all of these, too. And more. But there is actually LESS scientific probability of the woman on back for boys thing. It's less than the normal 50%
    Anonymous

• Ambie0526, you can't conceive until you have ovulated! LOL. I think what you meant was that if you have sex before you ovulate your chances of having a girl are higher than if you have sex just before or during ovulation.

Having sex a few days before ovulation increases your chance of having a girl because girl sperm are slower so it takes them awhile to swim to the right spot. Boy sperm are faster but they get to the fallopian tubes sooner so if there is no egg yet to fertilize they die, meanwhile the girl sperm is still on it's journey. Sex on the day of ovulation is more likely to result in a boy.
    Anonymous

• Wasn't true for me!
    mazonmom

Answer by mazonmom at 11:43 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• I had one girl and one boy both concieved doggy style. I think there is some truth to the theroy of if you want a girl have sex before you ovulate. We really wanted a boy so we had sex the day I ovulated. I can't say that's what did it but we did get a boy.
    sadira29

Answer by sadira29 at 12:57 AM on Jun. 9, 2009