18 and pregnant help...

I am 18 and pregnant and just split from the father of my child. I moved back home and my father and very mad. He won't help me at all and hates my child already because he doesn't like the father of my child. PLus it is a boy so he is more upset. When I say it is your grandson he says No it is that baby. What should I do?

LovinMyNewborn

Asked by LovinMyNewborn at 9:06 PM on Jun. 8, 2009 in General Parenting

• Move out or move in with someone that WILL support you. That is what you need right now and obviously your father is not supporting you.
    Ambie0526

Answer by Ambie0526 at 9:09 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• yeah you really don't need to be in an environment like that, but I'm sure he will come around once you have the baby. right now he is just upset b/c you are his little girl.
    HisMommySince07

Answer by HisMommySince07 at 9:10 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• I dont know how close you are with your dad but if you are close to him than he will come around ( I would hope)!! My dad and grandpa was the same way with my daughter and after had her they ended up loving her to death!! I would try to move out as soon as possible I know its hard right now though!! Good luck honey!!
    SD777

Answer by SD777 at 10:05 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• Hopefully he will come around once you have the baby. I was 24 when I got pregnant, left the father and my dad was so mad he didn't talk to me for 3 months unless he had too. He came around, especially once he seen his only grandson. They are inseperable. My dad has MS and since my son was a toddler, he would follow my dad all over the house. He would get my dad his cane and help him walk.

Keep talking to him, even if you have to write him a letter and explain how much this is hurting you and how much you and his grandson need him.

Hope everything turns out good.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:27 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• my parents were upset that i got preggo and i was 20 and living on my pwn...they thought i couldnt handle a baby...but i tell u what when she came out their hearts just melted...if i was in ur shoes i wouldnt mention the baby to him at all unless he asked first b/c i assuming u have no where else to go and when it comes time to give birth invite him to the hospitable and let him do as much or as little as possible as he wants to with the baby ...make him feel needed like ask him questions that u probably already know the answer to. he'll come around most grandparents do.
    rainmommy

Answer by rainmommy at 11:55 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• Unless you are financially and emotionally capable of raising this child on your own, the greatest gift that you can give your child is a loving, financially sound, home. Many adoptions allow the birthmom to be a part of the child's life. www.cradle.org
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:18 AM on Jun. 9, 2009