Is Prenatal Vitamins Necessary?

Do You Have To Get Them From The Doctor Or Is It Possible To Get Them From The Pharmacy

Mommi2BeIn09

Asked by Mommi2BeIn09 at 9:06 PM on Jun. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• there VERY important- MY tummy couldnt handle the ones from the doctor so My doctor told me to take two flinstone vitamins a day.
    The reason there so important is there PACK with folic acid which helps prevent open tube defects in baby-
    If you dont like the ones from the doctor pick up the Flinstone ones- I eat the gummys 2 a day and they do the trick!
    Plus its YUMMY!
    judith_visco

Answer by judith_visco at 9:08 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• you can buy them from the store, as long as they have at least 600mg of folic acid.
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 9:23 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• You should also add a DHA supplment for brain development. Enfamil has one that is about $15. If you are from a state that has meijer (MI, IL, IN, OH, KY) then they have 4 prenatals that are free (with doc percription)
    chrissmom734

Answer by chrissmom734 at 9:46 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• prenatal is very important because of the high folic acid and other vitamins and minerals the baby needs.
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 9:47 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• Thank Yu All...I Will Take Every Piece Of Advice and Use It....
    Mommi2BeIn09

Answer by Mommi2BeIn09 at 6:40 PM on Jun. 11, 2009