how can i talk to him about this?

Since I got pregnant my boyfriend has been all talk and barely any action about the baby stuff. He told me he was going to help out and do all of this stuff for me and the baby. He has paid ONE medical bill and that was it. My parents and I have paid the rest. I'm still in school and I'm young. He's 21 and has a great paying job but he is always talking about buying stuff for himself (iphone, laptop).

He promised me the day we found out the sex of the baby we'd go buy the crib and nursery stuff. That day came and went and he said he couldn't because he had court fees. I let it go, didn't say a word. It's been over a month now and he just told me "I can't buy the crib until July 24th because I got to pay my dad's rent" while I think its great that he wants to help his family...he has a daughter on the way to provide for..

He said he'd get her insurance and has yet to sign up. I'm 7 months pregnant! He says he can't right now

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:09 PM on Jun. 8, 2009 in Relationships

• Well, he said July 24th go pick one out, and see how much it will cost...keep putting it in his face..if he doesnt seem to step up then i agree with Ambie..time to let it go as far as supports concerned..doesnt seem like he wants to bother..you still have plenty of time to set up for the baby..my sons room NEVER got finished and it didnt matter because he slept in his craddle in our room anyway...if he has so much money when he sees the prices for the stuff he might suprise you and just pick it up...
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 9:14 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• Make him step up or get rid of him! he needs to be the man and support his family!
    Ambie0526

Answer by Ambie0526 at 9:11 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• CONT. because he still needs to help his dad. So now it's the insurance has to wait and the baby's crib plus he hasn't done a darn thing to help me and my family except pay one $200 medical bill.

Now I'm wanting to get a medical card because I feel like I can't depend on him to pay for her insurance and he is ticked at me. he says he doesn't wanna be on welfare. It's just a medical card and it's only gonna be until i get out of school and can provide insurance for her myself.

How can I make him understand that? And how do I get him to see that he needs to step up and help? I can't do all of this on my own and i can't rely on my parents forever.
    Anonymous

• That's why you get married first............he's young, dumb, and was full of cum!
    Anonymous

• Go to your local social services office immediately and apply for health insurance through the state. I did when I became prego and as soon as I gave birth to him, my son was covered as well. And he will be covered until the age of 16 or 18 (not sure which). All children are entitled to free healthcare as well as prego moms from their respective states.
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 9:13 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• you && your baby need insurance right now. He's just gonna have to suck it up. Tell him as soon as he has insurance on her, then you will drop the other coverage, but not a minute before then.
    HisMommySince07

Answer by HisMommySince07 at 9:13 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• U are only being a responsible parent! It's all about the baby, not his pride!!!!!
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 9:15 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• Sign up for every service the state offers. He has to reimburse them. I don't think his insurance will pay for your maternity bills or her hospital bill. Call his insurance co and ask but I don't think she can be added until she's born. Some insurance companies might require a birth cert with his name on it so ask about that since you are not married. Once the state takes over they can do a DNA test and establish paternity. That might be all that's required by insurance but you also can establish child support that way. PLEASE go through the courts with that. The way he's doing now shows he's not putting the child first in his life. It will get worse in time so do it now while it's easier to do. This is about the baby so don't let him talk you into letting him pay you when he can. He will a couple of times and then dad's rent will be due again. Get the picture?

Answer by admckenzie at 9:20 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• i agree with anon. next time use protection and don't do this to your baby again. it's sad cause this baby will probably grow up fatherless. sounds like he doesn't care much about the baby or you. so you can't make him see things differently. he has to have feelings first for what you are asking, for you and the baby. don't hold your breath and obviously you can't count on him so do what you have too. i suspect he won't be around much longer.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 9:49 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• admckenzie is so right.. do what she said.
    MAKEMYDAY101

Answer by MAKEMYDAY101 at 11:31 PM on Jun. 8, 2009