My daughter was babbling a lot at around 4 1/2 months, but around 5 months she all but stopped babbling and now squeals and laughs instead. I'm worried that she is regressing. Has anyone else experienced this?

baby babbling squealing

CLRief

Asked by CLRief at 9:13 PM on Jun. 8, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Emi did that. It's fine.
    Arisce

Answer by Arisce at 9:18 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• She knows she can do it. She's probably trying to master a different skill.
    jkt747

Answer by jkt747 at 9:24 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• keeping my eye on this post! my 13 m/o said "daddy" to daddy and "pee pee" after I told him it was time to change his pee pee diaper (lol)back when he was about 10 m/o, but he hasnt said anything like that since. his new thing is "meowing" but I still have bad thoughts that he's regressing a little. due to my car being in the shop for over a month now we don't really get out of the house, maybe he just has cabin fever lol
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 9:35 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• I agree she's probably just trying to master a new skill...My son at about 5 months would say mamamama ALL the time. Now at 7 months it's dada and I haven't heard mama again :(
    dze527

Answer by dze527 at 9:13 AM on Jun. 9, 2009