Stalkerish????

I met this lady in a cafemom Military mom's group, we met once (thank god I never gave her my address) and for certain reason's I didn't think she was a good fit as a friend for me.. I tried to let her down easy and I just went my own way. We'll, she kept sending me these texts about what friendship is ect. she sent the same text to me like 10 or 11 times. Also I took her off my friends list and she kept sending me invites and I denied them (my profile is private). So today I noticed she sent me a message I'm really baffled how she got on my profile and I'm just creeped out all together by her and she asks about my daughter... What should I do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:18 PM on Jun. 8, 2009 in Relationships

• talk to the peron in conrol of cafemom maybe they can kick her off or something....that is rather creepy....take a hint lady...you know
    Mamaof2boys0709

Answer by Mamaof2boys0709 at 9:21 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• Your page can be private and you can still receive messages and what not. As far as her knowing about your daughter are you posting in groups that she could be a part of or do you comment other members pages that she is friends with etc. My soon to be SIL told me of a certain person on here knowing more than they should about me and what I was posting as well as knowing about my emails received and sent so I deleted my old account made a new one. (I was sure that was illegal to do anyway. Especially since I am the only one with access to this computer and account) I say if it is a true concern delete your page (even if it sucks) and create a new account that way she will be unaware of what you have done. That's what I did and so far no problems with the other lady.
    KeepMovingOn

Answer by KeepMovingOn at 9:23 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• Be straight forward and to the point, tell her to STOP. Make it very clear you will not be in contact with her and don't care about her feelings. Report her to cafe mom also. Keep in mind she just may have a really, really hard time with rejection too and may give up on her own.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 9:24 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• honestly sounds like shes just really desperate for a friend. some people act that way when they have NO ONE else..esp if shes military, shes moved around alot..not a very stable lifestyle...if shes creeping you out, i completely get it..womens instincts are awesome...just be honest with her and tell her you dont think you guys make good friends, if she keeps up after that then its called HARASSMENT!!!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 9:25 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• Mamaof2boys0709: Just talking to the people in control here is pointless. I've tried that and got NO where. They told me thay would send the other person a message but as far as removing her they did not such thing because she was not threatening my life etc.
    KeepMovingOn

Answer by KeepMovingOn at 9:27 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• well, I guess you have to decide how creeped out you are. If you think you're at risk of harm, I'd just stop using cafemom and change my phone number. If you're just weired out and annoyed, I'd change to a new CM profile so she won't know and still probably get a new number. You could document all her texts and file a restraining order or something legal, too. Or you can completely ignore this person and eventually they'll move on unless they're a serious freak.
    mrs_pulley

Answer by mrs_pulley at 9:36 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• get on the message she sent and hit "block this sender"

Answer by admckenzie at 9:36 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• why wouldn't you just stop using cafemom. if you don't i really can't take how your feeling seriously. seriously if it bothered you enough you'd just get off this site. there are others. you could just open another account with new username and always being private. she'll see you closed your account.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 9:52 PM on Jun. 8, 2009